Just an idea for ya'll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishoutawater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I lost forty lbs last year, from 230 down to 190. I'm 5'11". It was by no means easy.
I did it by starting off with the Adkins diet, lost about ten lbs just doing that. Then I found http://www.crossfit.com/ That's when I started "melting away".
I'm nothing other than a student there. I have no monetary interests in it whatsoever.
But if you want a fitness system that really works that you don't have to spend a lot of money on (other than some very basic equipment), then Crossfit is for you. Download the free newsletter and see what it is all about. Click on the exercises and learn them. They have a daily workout (WOD) that if you follow it, is guaranteed to improve all aspects of your physical being. You don't even have to follow the WOD per se. Just learn some of the exercises and make up your own routine. But to get the most out of it, you will want to eventually start following the WOD.
I just did my own thing with some of the exercises and made a lot of progress just doing that. But then when I saw how rapidly I was progressing I incorporated more and more of the WOD, and opted to buy the newsletter. Well worth the 25 bucks per year, and no ads for magic potions. Just real medical/fitness know how. They also offer a dvd showing the routines, but I haven't bought it yet (don't have a player). Don't really need to though. They have little film clips of the movements in the exercises section. And while you're there, check out the message board where you will find lots of info on diet, exercise specifics, equipment recommendations, etc.
Lots of police, SWAT, spec ops guys, firemen, pro athletes, gymnasts, martial artists etc. use Crossfit as their primary fitness routine.
Sure it's grueling, maybe even masochistic, but if you stick with it then watch yourself literally springing out of bed in the morning like you did when you were a kid, and feeling that way all day long, you will soon find yourself craving that pain. You will learn how to burn your own fat to build muscle.
The funny thing is, it seems to change your metabolism for a long time too. I totally quit the routine for about two months and ate everything, but I haven't gained an ounce back. And that's including our recent Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons, and all that entails.
I've just started back on it, and yes, it hurts, but I've now set my goals for another twenty lbs to lose. Then maybe, just maybe, I'll try on one of them speedos (kiddin'). :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom