Mosquito gague-only mode?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a mosquito and enjoyed it a good deal, but one of the drawbacks was no gauge mode (unless you put it in freedive mode as you described), which isn't really right. I sold mine to a friend who wanted it, then I went and got a Viper so I could have a controlled gauge mode.

Schwim:
Is this possible, and if so how. I believe in the freedive mode the computer goes into ER after five minutes.
Thanks,
Schwim

You're correct. There is no gauge mode on a Mosquito.

My wife doesn't dive in gauge mode. I gave her the Mosquito and bought a Stinger. Gauge mode is still the free diving mode, but it doesn't error out on you.

Yes, actually there is. You can change a setting in the computer from your downlink. There is a description of how to do it somewhere on scubaboard.

TwoBit

Any idea who might have posted that description? There are tons of threads on the mossie - personally i would like to have it in guage mode as a back up, but if it goes into error (of course still giving me the info i need) i always have tables to back me up anyway. Its just nicer and neater if it doesnt have a big ERR on the screen :wink:

Sorry, no. I also admit, thinking about it, it may have been on The Deco Stop. I did a short search on here and I didn't see it.

I do remember the post though. Someone discovered how to change the programming in the Mosquito so it acted like a stinger (I think). Its done through the down link.

I'll look some more and see if I can find it.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:

I've never tried the gauge/free dive but the 10 sec sampling rates works well as Bergersau said.
Just change it via Dive manager and set the computer to stinger on each recorded dive .
To make sure, you may try to dive with Air on 10 sec sample like a stinger , check the download to see if it's working and on another dive go with the freemode on to check if it's unlocked (5+1 min to display ERR).
Hope it helps
Marcelo

What I mean is that you are *hacking* the software/firmware in the computer by downloading features that are NOT intended to be available.

Is this dangerous? I can not answer that, but potentially yes.

There is no shortage of people who have found various ways to flash all sorts of devices that unlocks features and adds functionality.

However in this case we are discussing an instrument that your life could rely upon rather than a Camera, or MP3 player.

I'm 90% certain that if you sent the unit in for warranty work, and Suunto found out, it would invalidate the warranty.

Thought I'd point this out so people are aware.

Ron

TwoBitTxn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom