Spearfishing of GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UltimateMonky

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering if any of ya'll have any experince spearfishing off the coast of GA. I was unsure of any good spots in particular, and thought some of ya'll from around this area might know some good ones. Mainly it will be around the Savannah area. What types of fish am I likely to see also???

Thanks for all the help,
Will

Ga has great spearfishing.Gag,black,warsaw,yellowmouth,yellowfin,snowy,Kitty Mitchel,scamp,red grouper.Red,yellowtail,mutton,mangrove,cubera snapper.Huge hogfish,amberjacks,cobia.Chances at pelagic fish like mahi,tuna and wahoo.Spiny lobster also.Ga has a good art. reef program and the sites are published online as well .60' out to the ledge.

If you are real hardcore and want to hunt I don't think anyone does more than us in BWK, Ga.
We average 150-200 dives per year, and trips from Tortugas to the middle grounds to sav expecting to hit NC this year.
WE dive year round somewhere, and with the fish on the inside reefs right now there is no need to go anywhere else.
Give us a call. Jimmie 912-996-4254 cell, cofj@bellsouth.net

cofj, I live in Brunswick, GA if that BWK is what you are talking about. Wondering where do you dive in that area? Do you have to go to Jekyll, St. Simons and other islands nearby to dive? Let me know so I can be more aware of my hometown. I just started diving and haven't dive in my hometown because I am in college in New York.

Let me know and Thanks!

Yes it is BWK, Ga. and no we don't dive St Simons, or Jekyll. WE dive from C-Reef 14miles to about 60miles offshore.
The winter brings the big fish in closer so we don't travel as far but as the temp warms up we start to travel further offshore.
Most of our diving is in 100plus ft but enjoy the shollow stuff when the fish move in. Let know when your free and ready.
Jimmie
p.s. We leave most of the time from ST.Simons

cofj - Nice! Sounds like you got a nice size boat, or probably went out with a friend- I will have to look for someone to take me and my dive buddy out to see C-Reef and Gray's Reef.

I found a link relating to C-Reef: http://www.coastaloutdoors.com/reefs/gareefs/creef.htm

Is that where you dived?

wildmtn:
cofj - Nice! Sounds like you got a nice size boat, or probably went out with a friend- I will have to look for someone to take me and my dive buddy out to see C-Reef and Gray's Reef.

I found a link relating to C-Reef: http://www.coastaloutdoors.com/reefs/gareefs/creef.htm

Is that where you dived?
YOu all are invited. WE enjoy diving with everone. There are about 40 in our group with a few boats, from 22' to 43' ft
So just give us a call.
Jimmie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom