CoCo View Beach Houses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brown Mermaid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, so I am the trip chairperson for my dive club. We will be at CoCo View in July. We have sold out our trip (this is wonderful!) and still we are getting calls from others who want to travel with us. Can anyone shed any light about the beach houses. Like how are they, which one is the closest and which is the second closest. I need your opinions as soon as possible so that I will know what to say and do for our next set of divers that are traveling with us. Is there a map showing us where these houses are? Advantages and disadvantages of staying at the houses vs. on the resort. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Brown Mermaid

As posted on the CCV board....

It's been several years since I stayed in a BH but if I remember correctly the higher the number, the farthest away from the clubhouse. Example, #10 is at the far end. The nearest one is only a short 5 min walk down the road in leading off from the gear area. There are bicycles available if you don't want to walk it.

Pros....
Being away from the main resort they are more private. Each is actually someones vacation home so you'll have all the amenities of home, ie. full fridge and kitchen if you want to cook. Beast enjoyed making his own coffee and sitting on the balcony upstairs and watching the sun come up long before coffee was available in the kitchen. The BH's are different sizes to accommodate diferent size groups. My first visit to CCV I was in BH #10 with 5 other people. If you fill the house and spread out the price among you, it can be a bit cheaper.

Cons...
It's away from the main resort and not as convenient. To keep from making the trek down the road to our BH every time we needed something from our room, we packed a small bag each morning with everything we'd need during the day and stashed it in the gear locker. Just depends on how offten you want to make the walk. We also found that we didn't hang out at the clubhouse very much and visit with others. Once we ended our day and took a hot shower, we didn't want to make the walk back to the clubhouse. We went to bed earlier and got up earlier for pre-dawn dives.

I'm sure others will have more ideas and opinions. I think the BH's are great for groups that want to stay together and maybe save a little money.

Call any of the girls at Roatan Charters, 800/282-8932, and they can explain the whole Beach House program to you.

Back
Top Bottom