Girls in DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Schwim

Registered
Reaction score
OK, so is this like the Navy Seals? My wife and I are in the June DIRF class in Gilboa and she wonders if she'll be the only chick. The cool thing is that she thinks that she's the only one with the ambition and she sees it as a challenge.

boomx5:
I know many women who have taken GUE training, and they are incredible divers. In fact, one of my instructors when I took my DIR-F class (once upon a time) was a women and her skills in the water blew my mind.

There's some very capable women divers out there... specially the DIR and Cave type ones... Lugging double 95's and turning on a dime... not to mention the back kick.

Scott, Is Delia the only Female DIR Instructor ?

My experience is that anyone who comes to the class eager to learn will get a great deal out of it. I think she will also meet plenty of other women who have taken the class and enjoy DIR diving. Especially if Brandon and Scot are teaching the class...they are super guys and a lot of fun to work with. You will both have a super time.

Don't see how this can be, no more pink flippers and masks???

Schwim:
OK, so is this like the Navy Seals? My wife and I are in the June DIRF class in Gilboa and she wonders if she'll be the only chick. The cool thing is that she thinks that she's the only one with the ambition and she sees it as a challenge.
She might not be the only female...but maybe she will be the only chick...Your opinion doesn't count...You have been turned to the truly dark side.

Schwim:

Lots of female DIR grads out here ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Although Sonya won't be at the Gilboa class in June, if you ever get a chance to dive with her you will be quite impressed. Smooth like glass in the water, and a really nice person to top it off.

Classes really vary with numbers of females in them. Some have none, and others have 3 or 4.

Schwim:

We've had an women-only DIR-F over here in the Netherlands last year... (although the instructor -Andy Kerslake- was male). some pictures and a (Dutch) report can be found at http://jesca.duiken.net/DIR-F.htm

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom