Ontario Diving News & Events

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gadget

Reaction score
This thread is a place where NDI members and other Ontario divers can post information about local events that are open to all and of interest to Ontario divers.

Examples include:

- Shore Cleanups & Enviro dives.
- Scuba Swap events
- Symposiums
- Dive club Meetings and social events.

It is not intended for upcoming dive charters, classified ads, store promo's, recall notices, dive buddy wanted etc...

It is just for news.

:)

The Ontario Underwater Explorers are having their annual scuba swap and sale this weekend.

SCUBA SWAP 2002 is being held at the Etobicoke Olympium gymnasium -- 590 Rathburn Rd., Etobicoke, ON, April 20, 2002 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Early bird gets the gear!

Over a dozen dive shops will be on hand selling their over-stocked equipment at amazing prices.

Divers interested in unloading their surplus equipment are invited to particpate and get a few bucks back or look around for some great deals on someone else's gear!

Equipment drop off date for gear registration is Friday, April 19, 2002 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., upstairs in the Olympic Lounge. Come to register your gear and they 'll do all the selling.

Admission is only $2.00 and children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult.

For more information go to their website at http://www.ontario-underwater-explorers.org/

The next meeting of the Durham Divers Scuba Club will take place once again at Canucksters Tap & Grill in Whitby (SW Corner of Hopkins & Burns) on Wednesday April 17th at 7:00pm.

This primary focus of this meeting will be for people to join or renew their membership for the 2002 season, reserve their space on a dive charters this year and to discuss any further suggestions they would like to make.

There will be also be updates on the booked charters and planned dives of 2002. (please don't forget your chequebook - Most charter deposits will be around $30).

All are very welcome to attend.

For more information please go to www.durhamdivers.com

:jester:

Some time ago, I did post this, but heck, now that we've got our own forum, here's some information on NAS training happening in Ontario.

If anyone is interested in attending these courses, drop me a line and I'll provide more details.

NAS I
Goderich, May 3, 4, and 5
Ottawa, May 31, June 1 and 2
Hamilton, June 14, 15 and 16
Windsor, July 12, 13 and 14
Ottawa, September 13, 14 and 15

NAS II
Ottawa, November 15, 16 and 17

Originally posted by arcticcat
what is nas?

NAS is the The Nautical Archaeology Society NAS
From their home page:
What is the NAS?
The Nautical Archaeology Society is a voluntary organisation formed to further interest in our nautical heritage.

Who Belongs?
Divers, Non-divers, Archaeologists, Conservationists, Historians, interested people throughout the world.

What are the aims of the NAS?
To preserve our nautical heritage. To act as a focus for nautical archaeology. To involve divers and non-divers. To provide education, training and information. To improve techniques of surveying, recording, excavation and conservation. To promote publication and research.

We are lucky in Ontario to have one of the few trained NAS Instructors outside of the UK, it's an opportunity that shouldn't be missed if you like wrecks.

As u know...I will be attending the NAS in Ottawa at the end of May, also anothe rmember of th eboard will be attending and I forget his user name........TamDive knows whom I am talking about......

Originally posted by Butch103
As u know...I will be attending the NAS in Ottawa at the end of May, also anothe rmember of th eboard will be attending and I forget his user name........TamDive knows whom I am talking about......

I haven't forgotten your impending arrival. . . the BBQ has been found, and the menu planned. I plan to be around for some of the time taking pictures.

Gadget:

You mentioned charters and money in the Durham divers club ad. You said that wasn't what the forum was for. I just wondered. I thought charters were diving news.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom