Diving day trips from Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merlyon

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I posted the following over in the Asia forum but haven't got any replies yet - thought I'd try here.

----

Hello all! New to the site and pretty new to diving - just completed my PADI open water last month.

I'm in Manila for a month on business and was hoping to get some diving in while I'm here. The challenge is that I don't have a car and I only have one day off at a time, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any dive shops that organise day trips from Manila (to Anilao, maybe?) or if anyone has any advice on other ways to approach this.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Colin

merlyon:
Hello! I posted the following over in the Asia forum but haven't got any replies yet - thought I'd try here.

----

Hello all! New to the site and pretty new to diving - just completed my PADI open water last month.

I'm in Manila for a month on business and was hoping to get some diving in while I'm here. The challenge is that I don't have a car and I only have one day off at a time, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any dive shops that organise day trips from Manila (to Anilao, maybe?) or if anyone has any advice on other ways to approach this.

Cheers,
Colin

Jag (Shugar) knows some people, he should be chiming in here soon... There's also Kiko's fleet, they have van's that wil run you from Manila to Anilao and back. I think Paulo is a part of their group. If it is a weekend there's a shuttle (Kiko's) that leaves after work and then pick you up at the resort (your choice of) Sunday after lunch.

When I usually come home (US based Pinoy) I just use one of the services... Some of the Dive resorts also have vans. Just ask around and know what the going rate is so you don't get "gouged".

Dive safe,

Ben

merlyon:

----

The challenge is that I don't have a car and I only have one day off at a time, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any dive shops that organise day trips from Manila (to Anilao, maybe?) or if anyone has any advice on other ways to approach this.

Cheers,
Colin

I can refer to you a service that i use when i go to batangas anilao. i have been using his van for years now and have refered him to others. He is quite reliable and he knows the diving schedule of divers as well so you can coordinate pretty much with him. I am still deciding if i will use his services this weekend or not as i am contemplating to hitch a ride.

would you like to join our group for this weekend (jan 22) ?

You may call me in the office (632) 8127866 if you are interested

Trust me use PLANET DIVE...

It is a real serious and safe NAUI facility. They can do anything from O/W to tech.

0918-929-9342 cell phone.
bookings@planetdive.net

I am an American living in Okinawa, Japan and when I visited Manila on business this dive company was top notch. Real diving not tourist fluff.

Thanks everyone for the response! Unfortunately, I've had a change of schedule here, and I'm not going to be able to take a day trip from Manila as I'd hoped (although I will now have an opportunity to spend a couple of nights in Bohol, so it's a decent trade-off). I really appreciate the information though, and I'm making note of it for my next trip here!

Thanks again!

Colin

Ben_ca:
Jag (Shugar) knows some people, he should be chiming in here soon...

wahahahahahaaaaa it's amusing to see that i've become sufficiently predictable wahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

ben_ca:
There's also Kiko's fleet, they have van's that wil run you from Manila to Anilao and back. I think Paulo is a part of their group. If it is a weekend there's a shuttle (Kiko's) that leaves after work and then pick you up at the resort (your choice of) Sunday after lunch.

is this how they work? i sent a message via their website and didn't get a response... paulo as in paulov is part of it? my car kasi won't survive a trip to anilao (and my wife won't allow me to prove otherwise) so i have to rely on hitches or graces of God to get to dive

i would really appreciate kasi if they can get me at my resort (Balai) rather than dropping off in the middle of nowhere

Jag

paolov:
I can refer to you a service that i use when i go to batangas anilao. i have been using his van for years now and have refered him to others. He is quite reliable and he knows the diving schedule of divers as well so you can coordinate pretty much with him.

pao,

is this the kiko's fleet operation? i've emailed their group but didn't get a response...

if it's another transport group, doesn't it come out expensive for 1 or 2 divers to charter?

Jag

shugar:
pao,

is this the kiko's fleet operation? i've emailed their group but didn't get a response...

if it's another transport group, doesn't it come out expensive for 1 or 2 divers to charter?

Jag

No this is not Kikos fleet. The service i use is my own connection, :eek:)

I utilize the service vans that ply the Batangas-Manila route. I have used the services of this fellow ever since. three years now i think. and if he is not available he refers me to the other guys who can transport my gropup.

The charge is normally for the full capacity if he makes hos regular trip. I just pay him a little extra. His is a Toyota Van, i think his seating capacity is 14 to 16 people. however with gears and stuff, i would say its would be comfortable for 6 to 7.

I just use him with a max of 5 passengers. Normally just for two and i pay him (one way) 1,800 to san luis parking or 2,000 if its at Anilao pier. :O)

since he knows the destination, i normally sleep as soon as i get in the van. Also, here is the perks; at times i ask him to pick me up either at my office then i go get my stuff in San juan then off to batangas. Most of the times he picks me up at San JUan at no extra charge :eek:)

I also have utilized his van for Batangas pier (to Puerto Gallera).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom