More names for ya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rennaker is a fish!

Originally posted by Divesherpa
Rennaker is a fish!

Yes, he is.

Bill is a real nice guy. I was down at his place last weekend. That is where we get all of our air, and quite a bit of our gear.

I’m a rookie cave diver but I’ll tell what I know. Bill Rennaker has been cave diving a long time. Clearly he has a great love of side mount. Two divers that I know very well have gone through NSS classes with him up to Apprentice and are completely satisfied. Bill is from my neck of the woods (Indiana). In fact, my cave instructor, also from Indiana, was bill’s open water instructor many years ago. The two became avid cave divers. Stories of their exploits are still told among local divers. Bill moved to Florida and the rest is history. I met Bill while in Florida doing my cave training. We found him friendly and willing to share info. Any one who pumps air and blends gas would find his setup impressive. Asking about his system got me the grand tour and he even offered to help with info and rounding up parts if I wanted to set up a similar system. As far as being a fish, I think most cave instructors are. I wouldn’t hesitate to take a class from him. In fact, someday (after logging a bunch of cave time), I would like to give side mount a try. Bill is one of the two instructors I would consider.

The other instructor is Steve Keene. I'm sure there are lots of good ones but he was my cave instructor and he was great. He also, is a fish in the water. You think you are a good diver until you take a cave class with a good instructor. Oh well...one must have goals.

Has anyone heard about these instructors

Tyler Moon
David Rhea
Christopher Le Maillot
Daniel Riordan
Dave Sweetin

Has anyone heard or know anything about instructor Michael O'Leary , cavediving.org

I have a friend that was trained by Tyler Moon, and he had nothing but positive things to say about his training.

Originally posted by roguediver
Has anyone heard about these instructors

Tyler Moon
David Rhea
Christopher Le Maillot
Daniel Riordan
Dave Sweetin

Le Maillot and Riordan are, or were, at Aquatech in Akumal. The outfit has a good reputation. It is owned by Tony and Nancy DeRosa and is an institution in cave exploration in the area. They discovered a lot of the cenotes there. The recent book which covers the cenotes was written by another instructor there, whose name I can't remember offhand but of course I'll remember it as soon as I post this.

Oh yeah, Steve Gerard.

I took my open water training there from Gonzallo. You can check out their website at

www.cenotes.com

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom