Halibut in Peanut Sauce (easy)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brandon

Shop Independent Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This is a great dish... easy to make, and can be as complicated or as simple as you want to do it.

Needed:

Halibut
Taste of Thai Peanut Sauce Mix (comes in a 6x8ish envelope)
Can of Coconut Milk

Rice (optional)

Cut the halibut into 1" cubes, season (I whisk a little peanut butter, garlic, olive oil, pepper, and lime juice together... use whatever you want.), and let marinade for about 30 minutes.

Heat some olive oil in a nonstick frying pan until smoking hot, then toss the halibut in. You only need to sear a couple sides of the fish... it doesn't have to be all the way cooked. You're just trying to get some color on it.

Remove the fish from the frying pan, and let it sit on a paper towel to absorb the oil. As long as the pan is large enough, you can finish this dish in the same pan, just make sure you wipe the oil out.

Pour the can of coconut milk into the pan, and add one of the packets of peanut sauce (there's 2 in an envelope). Stir well. Once you start getting little bubbles, add the halibut and simmer until the fish is done... about 5 minutes.

Ladle the sauce/halibut mixture over some rice and serve.

Pretty simple.. and really good. If you want to do it real quick, you can skip the searing part, and just add the raw halibut to the peanut sauce. You'll have to simmer a bit longer, but it'll work.

-B.

Mmmm- that sounds really good!! I make Thai food all the time, and I happen to have some pretty fresh halibut in the freezer.

Thanks for the recipe!

The other night I wanted to cook some fish (cod). I was also having rice. For some reason I wanted to give it an oriental taste.

So I spread the fillets with peanut butter and baked them. Hmmmmm good. Everyone thought that I used some big fancy recipe.

The fat melted into the fish so it didn't look like peanut butter when cooked. It tasted nutty but not like peanut butter.

Back
Top Bottom