Best time of year to dive Coco View?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Susie

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey gang,
I am interested in going/leading on a trip to CCV in 2006. Any reccomendations on the best time of year to go? If I do lead a trip...and I am scaring myself at even thinking about this...any tips from group leaders would be really appreciated. I have heard great things about CCV and my friends and I are looking for a more affordable alternative to the South Pacific. It's hard to get out of work for 15 days to fly for 3 to get to some idillic island in the pacific. I love it but can't afford it every year. We thought CCV might be a nice alternative. We are coming from San Francisco.
Thanks a bunch
Susie

I always go Feb. EOM. But, then, I live in the great white north & I need a winter break by then. Have also gone in May and Aug. Of those, I prefer Aug. Very warm and dry.

I like to go spring through summer. May-Aug I love warm weather sometimes nortes make it down there in the winter and it can be rainy.

Check out Dee's upcoming trip in May at the front of this forum under trips and happings for May 14-21st I know she has space left jump on board. It's gonna be a great time.

March through May are my favorite times. I avoid the rainy season but honestly, it's great any time of year!

I have a trip tentatively planned for May of 2006. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll let you know as things develope.

Dee,
Thanks for the invite. I will keep you posted on my plans. I am actually thinking of leading a trip to get the one free space...for me of course! Although, I have seen my good buddy lead trips and it looks a little stressful. I might just opt to attend versus lead. It's a ways off and I am diving Sipadan this May so we shall see what happens after that. What is the "Rainy Season" down in Roatan?
Thanks
Susie
PS Your Dee-Raggs are very cute!

Scuba Susie:
What is the "Rainy Season" down in Roatan? QUOTE]

Whenever I arrive.

(It is the same as Hurricane season (+)... August > January)

Go anyway, you were wet already.

Roatanman...you make me laugh! That's a good thing! :)

Dee, do you mind me asking you a few questions about trip leading?
Do you have one contact at CCV? I have been emailing with a gal named Lynn. They also have group airfares. Do you go thru CCV for your group airfare or do you have your own sources? And would you share??? :)

This board is a plethora of info. If you ever need any info on diving the north coast of CA, don't hesitate to ask me!
Thanks a bunch
Susie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom