good to dive this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i'll be in luzon for a week beginning thursday. are there diving events scheduled in anilao or dive n trek this saturday/sunday? i plan to go there and dive!

Hi,
I think there are no diving events, only pure diving. i just went there last sat & sunday. the sea is calm but cold 25deg.. no current ( half moon kasi).
dive & trek not much fish activity, i only saw a few medium size fishes, around 2-3 kls.The resident barracuda is still there. Mainit point has not much fish activity, bec. of no current. though the large Grouper is still there at around 90 ft.
twin rocks has still their big population of Batfish triggerfish and snapper and sweetlips.
happy diving.

scubagun:
i'll be in luzon for a week beginning thursday. are there diving events scheduled in anilao or dive n trek this saturday/sunday? i plan to go there and dive!

Will be going to adjacent resort to dive n trek. so far no activities except for some deco dive to search for stainless steel ladder. but more for the deco dive than the recovery of the ladder. :eek:)

as Gaudencio says it is COLD !!! or rather, low temperature.

gaudencio:
Hi,
I think there are no diving events, only pure diving. i just went there last sat & sunday.

i was there din last weekend... where'd you stay? water was relatively cold nga... although i was the only one in the group who got exhilirated by the temp while the others were screaming bloody murder when they surfaced after the backroll

if you noticed the stella maris explorer going back and forth in the bay, that was my doing... hehehehehe... getting some nice shots for a video...

only did get to do koala though... bitin... 1 dive over 2 days... badtrip... hirap mag hanap-buhay

Jag

Hi, I was at planet dive this weekend - had a great time. although I only did 2 dives (which I regretted!) - chickened out on the other dives since it was too cold for me!!! Oh well. First two dives for the year were so-so, not much fish last weekend, but I'm planning a trip to GenSan two weeks from now (hi Paul P - see you soon!), and I'm hoping to make up for lost dive time there! :eyebrow:

ScubaBabe21:
and I'm hoping to make up for lost dive time there! :eyebrow:

Well, we can get as much dives as your schedule will allow. Water temp here is 82. How close is that to 25? Have to get me a converter for my pda.

Current is always the same....unpredictable. Let me know your final schedule Scubababe.

Paolo, we are working on a website and I hope to answer your questions there. I've been rather busy so I apologize for the looooooooong delay.

Anyone going tubataha this year?

partridge:
Well, we can get as much dives as your schedule will allow. Water temp here is 82. How close is that to 25? Have to get me a converter for my pda.

Current is always the same....unpredictable. Let me know your final schedule Scubababe.

Paolo, we are working on a website and I hope to answer your questions there. I've been rather busy so I apologize for the looooooooong delay.

Anyone going tubataha this year?

Send us the link of your site when it's ready.

No plans for Tubattha this year for me. though, i am planning on joining a caribbean cruise (work on board) and see if i can go scuba diving is some ports of call. it would take around 6 to 8 months ... hehhehehheh, an adventure...

(Original quote)i was there din last weekend... where'd you stay? water was relatively cold nga... although i was the only one in the group who got exhilirated by the temp while the others were screaming bloody murder when they surfaced after the backroll

Hi,
Yes I did notice that the Stella Maris was going back & forth , Ikaw pala iyon. Me and my buddies stayed at Dars Padilla 's private resort.
We are palnning to go again to Anilao this weekend. " Pa pa - condition". Preparing myself for Palawan and Puerto Galera in the coming days.
Is'nt it I read before that you are going to give a write up about Scubaworld new resort at Dumagete?

gaudencio:
Hi,
Yes I did notice that the Stella Maris was going back & forth , Ikaw pala iyon. Me and my buddies stayed at Dars Padilla 's private resort.
We are palnning to go again to Anilao this weekend. " Pa pa - condition". Preparing myself for Palawan and Puerto Galera in the coming days.
Is'nt it I read before that you are going to give a write up about Scubaworld new resort at Dumagete?

i did make a write up... it's on the thread "Jag's Scubaworld Dive Trip something something..."

i have to upload pa nga my palawan trip report (part 3 of a wonderful raket)... don't have time pa...

i HOPE to be in anilao next weekend... balai feb 5-6... IF my wife allows me (ya ya, laugh it up... i do live on a very short leash...)

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom