Quick drying underwear?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
Going on a trip to another humid place.

Last trip, cotton underwear didn't dry for almost the entire trip.

I have found a few places selling such items, but thought I would check here. The problem is not simple in that regardless of how quick drying they are, the humidity is such that they must be more than just "quick drying".

Your experience?

Microfiber nylon is good.

Capilene or other polyester fibers that are treated to be quick drying (a mix of hydrophilic and hydrophobic coatings) are also good.

Cotton is not so good.

Of course there is always the centuries old solution, SILK.

Shasta_man:

I have found a few places selling such items, but thought I would check here. The problem is not simple in that regardless of how quick drying they are, the humidity is such that they must be more than just "quick drying".

Your experience?

The ones sold in REI have worked great for me. Roll them in a towel and stand on the towel, then hang them up to dry. Of course, then the towel may not dry!

Shasta_man:

Your experience?

I use Under Armour clothing for martial arts and wearing under my wetsuit. When I wash them, I hang dry and they dry fast. I know they came out with underwear. Check them out... www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua/gear.asp?dept%5Fid=87

I usually get them at sports stores like Modells or The Sports Authority.

mike_s:
get the swim suits with the built in liner underwear
Dang, the first thing I do is cut those out! :eyebrow:
Plain old nylon cargo shorts, no underwear. Just wash/rinse the critters out every day & they'll be dry by morning. I just wear them into the shower at the end of the day.
Otherwise be sure to bring along the Gold Bond for the jock rash. :crafty:

Shasta_man:

Your experience?

I agree with the other posts. Under Armor, they have several different styles - I have more the compression short style but they also have briefs and boxer briefs. Ex-Officio has a microfiber quick dry and underwear that REI carries, you can also find their line of clothing on-line. Lastly Travel Smith (on-line as well) has Cool Max underwear and also T-shirts which are nice to have as well. Yes, bring the powder or try using Desitin (diaper rash preventer for babies), it worked for me.

Jason

Back
Top Bottom