Utila for a diver on her own

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roatanjan

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recomendation for dive shop for a female, diver on her own?I will be staying for 2 months out past the beach at Blue Bayou, and want a dive shop to too far away, i'm also looking for a place that's not all "gung-ho" "macho" divers, a place that would probally have other older ,gal divers.Thanks

roatanjan:
Does anyone have a recomendation for dive shop for a female, diver on her own?I will be staying for 2 months out past the beach at Blue Bayou, and want a dive shop to too far away, i'm also looking for a place that's not all "gung-ho" "macho" divers, a place that would probally have other older ,gal divers.Thanks

Try Ecomarine, they are close to Blue Bayou and well run by Tex, or if you don't mind a walk/bike ride then Cross Creek are a very small, friendly dive center run by Neil.

Regards,
Andy

Hi Roatanjan,

If you want more info on Cross Creek please feel free to PM me. Also check out www.crosscreekutila.com

All the best and enjoy Utila.
Neil.

roatanjan:

The suggestion by Andy is a good one. Since you are staying that far out Tex is the first best bet. Hopefully we'll see you there. We intend to be there during the same time frame.

Regards,

is that the tex who used to be an instrutor with deep blue?

if so, it is a great bid. very nice bloke!

i personally had some great times with deep blue three years back, and will probably be returning to them or cross creek this summer!

enjoy

roatanjan:
Does anyone have a recommendation for dive shop for a female, diver on her own?I will be staying for 2 months out past the beach at Blue Bayou, and want a dive shop to too far away, I'm also looking for a place that's not all "gung-ho" "macho" divers, a place that would probably have other older ,gal divers.Thanks

I don't know what you mean by older, but in Utila the crowd is very young. However, it is not gung ho at all. This is primarily because the island is really a huge dive school. Relax, you are going to love it. It is possible to walk into any shop and pay $45 (plus $3 reef fee per day) to try them out with a 2 tank morning dive. When you find one you like a ten pack is $200. Nearly all of then charge the same amount.

Are you planning to do a DM course? If so, PM me.

DeepBlueDivers:
leadweight

Have you noticed this was originally posted 18 month ago LOL

No, there goes my membership in Mensa :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom