Suunto Eon and Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitedragon13

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have used an Eon for "an eon" and have recently switched to a cobra. I finally got the upload cable...is there any way I can upload my profile from my Eon using the cobra interface? Gracias in advance.

=Mic

whitedragon13:
I have used an Eon for "an eon" and have recently switched to a cobra. I finally got the upload cable...is there any way I can upload my profile from my Eon using the cobra interface? Gracias in advance.

=Mic
Assuming the cable is the same, the answer is Yes but the process is complicated. Follow these directions carefully.
Place the Eon in transfer mode
Select Trasfer from the dive manager and then scroll down the list and select EON from the list.
Click start.
Done.

Don't you just love it when it all works together.

hmmm...that would be helpful if I was an idiot. The problem is, the cable ISN'T the same. The only connections on the eon are the 3 menu buttons on the face. My cobra has a connection socket on the back.

So how would you be able to down load the profiles if you have no way to get the info off the compter, if there is no input for the cable it can't transfer.
Maybe if you explain what you wanted, it seems you are asking the wrong question try asking the question again.

scubadoguk:
So how would you be able to down load the profiles if you have no way to get the info off the compter, if there is no input for the cable it can't transfer.
Maybe if you explain what you wanted, it seems you are asking the wrong question try asking the question again.

I think the Eon interface connects to the 3 menu buttons. The Cobra interface plugs into 2 leads on the back. I'd like to know if anyone knows if I can jumper cable from the interface to the eon, will alligator clips or something. I don't KNOW what I need to ask specifically, because I don't know how to do it. I don't want to jack around and experiment for fear of frying something.

whitedragon13:
I think the Eon interface connects to the 3 menu buttons. The Cobra interface plugs into 2 leads on the back. I'd like to know if anyone knows if I can jumper cable from the interface to the eon, will alligator clips or something. I don't KNOW what I need to ask specifically, because I don't know how to do it. I don't want to jack around and experiment for fear of frying something.
Sorry to say I only own a cobra and am very electricaly chalenged, there is a homemade cobra downloader site try a google search for it, and see if that guy can help.
Just found this :- http://insel.heim.at/malediven/350052/english.htm

whitedragon13:

The Eon and the Cobra use very different cables. The Eon's is a huge bugger that bungies over the three metal contacts, and is flaky at best. Try to find someone in your neighborhood who has one, and transfer all of your dives. My Eon just seems to have given up the ghost, so I may be talked into loaning you my cable, but you may find someone closer by...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom