Gear Colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Schwim

Registered
Reaction score
I know it's kind of a ridiculous question, but I'm bored and I thought it would be fun to see the opinions.

Seems to me that black is the preferred color for DIR folks' gear; I like it because it's uniform and clean looking. So who here can say that black isn't their favorite color, but they've chosen it for their gear and why? Also, people who don't dive black-only gear (and I'm sure there's a boatload of you), any regrets?

I'm choosing a drysuit and will probably throw in some color (other than black) just cause I like the color. I do have to say that I was taken aback slightly when my wife told me that she wanted neon pink on her drysuit. I didn't plan to object but was kinda relieved the next day when she told me she was kidding.

Don't just say "do what you want", because that's what I plan to do anyway. Again, just a thread for fun.

Schwim:
I know it's kind of a ridiculous question, but I'm bored and I thought it would be fun to see the opinions.

Seems to me that black is the preferred color for DIR folks' gear; I like it because it's uniform and clean looking. So who here can say that black isn't their favorite color, but they've chosen it for their gear and why? Also, people who don't dive black-only gear (and I'm sure there's a boatload of you), any regrets?

I'm choosing a drysuit and will probably throw in some color (other than black) just cause I like the color. I do have to say that I was taken aback slightly when my wife told me that she wanted neon pink on her drysuit. I didn't plan to object but was kinda relieved the next day when she told me she was kidding.

Don't just say "do what you want", because that's what I plan to do anyway. Again, just a thread for fun.

Please.

Drysuits come in Black.

Fins come in Black.

Gauges and Bungees for them come in Black.

Masks come in Black.

Gloves come in Black. Dry Gloves in Blue.

Hoods come in Black.

Canister lights come in Black. So do back up lights.

Bolt snaps are Stainless.

Reg hoses come in Black.

Tanks come in Dull Gray.

Dive bags come in Black.

Wings come in Black.

Backplates are Stainless. Sometimes Aluminum.

Webbing comes in Black.

There are plenty of colors you can choose from. What's the dang deal?

---
Ken

My woman wants to get a BP/wing setup, so needless to say she has to "accesorize." At the moment I am looking for colored webbing for her BP. Gotta be blue harness webbing with a dark green crotch strap. If anyone has any ideas on where I can find 2" webbing in these colors let me know? She is going to have a DIR configuration and it is going to be the most colorful one that I have ever seen.

P.S. Surprised she didn't ask for hot pink webbing.

Dive4Life:
My woman wants to get a BP/wing setup, so needless to say she has to "accesorize." At the moment I am looking for colored webbing for her BP. Gotta be blue harness webbing with a dark green crotch strap. If anyone has any ideas on where I can find 2" webbing in these colors let me know? She is going to have a DIR configuration and it is going to be the most colorful one that I have ever seen.

Strapworks can't accomodate? Maybe she'd dig their tiedye, oh yea, doesn't come in 2 inch...bummer. :wink:

Dive4Life:

OK - maybe not. Just SOME colors aren't... :wink:

Try Reef Scuba (www.reefscuba.com)

For the Harness, be sure its stiff-stuff... not the seatbelt type webbing. Use that soft stuff for the crotch strap - not the shoulder straps.

---
Ken

Dive4Life:

"Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose"

Anyone know the song and artist?

Schwim:
"Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose"

Anyone know the song and artist?

You're going to have to do better than that.... :wink:

---
Ken

Dive4Life:

I have a hot pink GUTS chicks cut AL backplate! (-;

Kimber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom