Is there any beach diving in Provos? [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Is there any beach diving in Provos?

Sponsored Link
superbrandx
January 25th, 2005, 12:42 PM
We're planning a trip in Feb. I've read the other threads. Any further tips and advice would be appreciated.

wscdive
January 25th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I have the same question, Iv'e dove there twice but always as a single diver so i went with the boats. In June I will be there with my son and his gf (who I am certifying). After the cert dives I would like to take them shore diving to save some money and extend our dives if possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

rad21
January 25th, 2005, 05:36 PM
We are headed there in May. From what I found there isn't much shore diving. I found this link

http://www.ProvoTurtleDivers.com/DiveSites.html#SmithsSnorkelingReef

However, I have no idea what the condition of the reef is. Maybe Superbrandx can let us know when he gets back.

Tim Ingersoll
January 25th, 2005, 05:43 PM
I've been going to TCI for a lot of years and haven't seen it in the past. I am not sure that anyone rents tanks for shore diving. I suppose you could do some in Grace Bay but I haven't seen it. The diving there would be mediocre at best as the reef is well out from the beach. You could also give it a try off Malcolm Roads Beach on the west side of the island. You will need a four-wheel to get there and even that was dicey last time. The wall is only about a 1/4 mile off the beach there and doable from shore although I have never done it or seen it done that way. I wish you luck. I would start by e-mailing Donna at Caicos Adventures and asking if anyone down there rents tanks for shore diving. Post and let me know.

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1