Balai versus Solana resort in Anilao??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fredi

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know some of you have been to both resorts.In your opinion,which is the better one interms of diving,overall facilities and ambience,and of course the food.I'll be there with some friends for a few days of diving next month,so your recommendations are helpful for us to decide.Two of my friends don't dive but would like to hang around the beach(if there is one) and snorkeling by the shore..Please help!Thanks alot.Fredi.

OK, I'm usually an Aquaventure guy but I've been to both a couple times in the past

Food: Balai wins by a mile
Ambience: Balai
Diving facilities: I'd say a tie
Beach: Solana (but neither is great, i'd head off to maricaban or sombrero for a daytrip)
Snorkelling: Possible in front of both

As a diver, I'd definitely go to Balai, non diver then maybe Solana - a little bit more room there to stretch out and move around.

Eagle point has a nice swimming pool for non divers in anilao.

Snorkelling is readily accessible along the shore line from koala point to Balai, Solana, El Pinoy.

I stay at the other end of the Anilao dive sites, by Balayan bay. nice ambience . actually i stay there for the "quietness" and roof deck by night !!!

:eek:)

Fredi:
I know some of you have been to both resorts.In your opinion,which is the better one interms of diving,overall facilities and ambience,and of course the food.I'll be there with some friends for a few days of diving next month,so your recommendations are helpful for us to decide.Two of my friends don't dive but would like to hang around the beach(if there is one) and snorkeling by the shore..Please help!Thanks alot.Fredi.

biased answer: balai...

15-20ft coral rock 20 feet off the shore in balai... great for snorkeling

food is stupendous

Jag

shugar:
biased answer: balai...

15-20ft coral rock 20 feet off the shore in balai... great for snorkeling

food is stupendous

Jag

Balai

and of course you have to do the Manta dive in front of the resort :wink:

You've done it right Jag?

Ben_ca:
Balai

oh yes the famous "manta" dive..

Ben_ca:
Balai

i'm afraid i have not... at least not one called a "manta dive"...

i'll be there this weekend i might just have to ask casty and mel to expose me to this "manta dive"

Jag

Axua:
oh yes the famous "manta" dive..

ok... now you guys have me looking over my shoulder...

what is this manta dive? does this have anything to do with weights, a bc, tank, the suit up area, more than one bottle of beer and the apparent lack of clothing?

Jag

shugar:
ok... now you guys have me looking over my shoulder...

what is this manta dive? does this have anything to do with weights, a bc, tank, the suit up area, more than one bottle of beer and the apparent lack of clothing?

Jag

its about a resident manta there.. you have to see the creature.. :wink:

shugar:
i'm afraid i have not... at least not one called a "manta dive"...

i'll be there this weekend i might just have to ask casty and mel to expose me to this "manta dive"

Jag

I wonder which site this "manta dive" takes place?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom