Seafood Recipes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DvrRick

Contributor
Reaction score
Since this is a dive site I thought "Why not seafood recipes?" :wink:

Does anyone have any good receipes for scallops and/or lobsters? Since I can get those free (Actually the lobsters seem to elude me but I haven't given up hope).

I like Coquille St Jacques. First cook some scallops and make a cream sauce. Then pour that into a cleaned scallop shell and spread mashed potatoes over top. Sprinkle some bread crumbs and parsley on the potatoes. Then pop them under the broiler until the breadcrumbs brown. I can find a complete reciepe if you're interested.

SeanQ:
I like Coquille St Jacques. First cook some scallops and make a cream sauce. Then pour that into a cleaned scallop shell and spread mashed potatoes over top. Sprinkle some bread crumbs and parsley on the potatoes. Then pop them under the broiler until the breadcrumbs brown. I can find a complete reciepe if you're interested.

That sounds really good. A recipe would be nice. Thanks SeanQ.

A real quick one for the scallops, crush or finely chop garlic, knob or two of butter and pop that in with the garlic into small non stick frying pan,add the scallops minding not to keep them in there for too long. Wash out the scallop shells,dry and add the cooked scallops. To finnish pour the butter and garlic over the top of them!
Lurvelyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

This thread is un-kosher in more ways that possible. Give me a second to wipe up the saliva running down my mouth.

but, just beacuse I can't eat it doesn't mean I can't dream of it…

The butter is also delicious over scallops. Serve the dish with steamed rice.

Learn to prepare shrimp like a pro with our technique video.

1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
8 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives

Boil wine, vinegar and garlic in small saucepan until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time, allowing butter to melt before adding more. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and sauté until shrimp are opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to plates. Drizzle lemon-garlic butter over. Sprinkle with lemon peel and chives and serve.

Back
Top Bottom