Selling Used Equipment??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelpout

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Whenever I come home to the Philippines I usually have dive equipment with me. In the old days (80's -early 90's) I used to put an ad in the paper. That does not work anymore. I usually have pretty new equipment (Scubapro, Aqualung, Halcyon, etc) Does anybody on this forum have any suggestions on how I can sell my equipment in the Philippines when I come home?

eelpout:
Whenever I come home to the Philippines I usually have dive equipment with me. In the old days (80's -early 90's) I used to put an ad in the paper. That does not work anymore. I usually have pretty new equipment (Scubapro, Aqualung, Halcyon, etc) Does anybody on this forum have any suggestions on how I can sell my equipment in the Philippines when I come home?

Hi,
I think you post them at local dive shops . Maybe they can sell it or they might buy it for their rental equiptments. Before I sold and bought some to Aquaventure Phils. But they have closed shop now. Well you are here, maybe I would buy some that I might need, If it's cheap and in good condition.

eelpout:

Trade your equipment for the diving. They could use the equipment there.

eelpout:

My buddy a dive instructor with a resort normally buys equipment for his rental for the resort. let me know when you are ready to sell and i'll hook you up with him

or maybe i myself would buy your equipment ...

paolo

paolov:
My buddy a dive instructor with a resort normally buys equipment for his rental for the resort. let me know when you are ready to sell and i'll hook you up with him

or maybe i myself would buy your equipment ...

paolo

Which brings me to another question. Still in the planning stages of returning to the Visayas, last time I was diving there was 9 years ago. The question is what type of diving gear is needed there?

Last time I brought 5 regs (Dacor and US divers) all metal second stages and high pressure gauges (no plastic stuff) with depth gauge. The regs were $120 and the gauges were $60 brand new at a dive shop closeout sale, traded for weeks of diving.

Are these the type of gear thats needed or should I include fins, mask, wet suits etc.?

Now everyone likes to buy his gear. count me in..... I'll buy it if its good and cheap.

f3nikon:
Which brings me to another question. Still in the planning stages of returning to the Visayas, last time I was diving there was 9 years ago. The question is what type of diving gear is needed there?

Last time I brought 5 regs (Dacor and US divers) all metal second stages and high pressure gauges (no plastic stuff) with depth gauge. The regs were $120 and the gauges were $60 brand new at a dive shop closeout sale, traded for weeks of diving.

Are these the type of gear thats needed or should I include fins, mask, wet suits etc.?

for the months of MArch to MAy diving temp would be around 27 centigrade a very comfortable temp. the wetsuit would be primarily more for protection from scuff and stings than hypothermia. wetsuits come into play if you intend to do deep night diving. last week end we did 150feet dive. i was on my shorts and a couple of layers of rash guards and double hood. did not have any problems with hypothermia.

i use Dacor Viper. i love that reg.

my configuration :

1. Dacor Viper with Oceanic reg as octopus (yeah its old but functioning perfectly). My dacor has a lip guard to protect from stings. Stings generally occur at the end of a dive...

2. i only have small Pressure gauge as my depth gauge is on my redundant wristwatches ( Suunto Mosquito and Citizen AquaLand), compass is a small suunto compass attached to my wristband.

3. two hoods

4. three body rash guards, leg tights (for sting protection)

5. Beuchat fins

6. a wide angled Mask

7. a comfortable BCD, 100 lb lift bladder on SS backplate, with waist pouch

8. a drybox (pelican) able to be padlock (numerical key)

9. Dive lights, get LED type lights if not HID

10. 8 ft. signal balloon and 150ft. reel

11. Whistle

12. carabiners

13. No lead weights used :eek:)

happy diving

eelpout:

i'm interested myself!

i'm not too liquid though as a general rule so if i can't get stuff due to my very generous (NOT!) teachers' pay, then i will definitely refer you to my instructor/s, if they don't get stuff directly off you then they would definitely pass the info on to the other students in the club... really a great way to offload used stuff (especially if they're in great shape and cheap)

email me or PM for a list of what you have and/or are bringing over; most stuff welcome: regs, BCs, fins, some masks, accessories

thanks!

Jag

Now that I see the response to my post, I will just post the equipment I have for sale on this forum the next time I go home. I called a number of dive stores and they were not interested in selling my equipment. Trading the equipment in for diving at a resort was another option I used in the 80's but it isn't an option anymore.

I also have access to techinical diving gear too. That is what I primarily do in the US. I would also be trying to sell my stuff before coming back to the US.

Again, thanks for the responses.

paolov:
7. a comfortable BCD, 100 lb lift bladder on SS backplate, with waist pouch

8. a drybox (pelican) able to be padlock (numerical key)

Paulo,
100 lb lift? A bit of overkill isn't it? Even with double 95's (steel) most guys here in the Monterey area dive with 55lb wings.

Is a lock on the drybox necessary?

I'll be there in March to take DIR-F in PG... How about a get together? Let's put some faces to names... I'll buy the first round

Back
Top Bottom