Still WTB Inon 180

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are 2 Inon D-180s on eBay right now. They claim to be new.

One is a D-180 and the other is a D-180S. I wasn't so keen on the S version myself and went with the D-180. There are some differences.

Allison,

There are two eBay sellers that have been putting INON D-180 strobes (and occasionally a D-180S, and other strobes and accessories also) up for auction for the last couple months. I know this because I have been tracking, watching and getting outbid on several since before Christmas. Both are listed as being in Singapore. Both say that the Strobes are new, and both have a "reserve". The reserve appears to be higher than I wanted to spend.

One seller is clearwater.sg

The other seller is oceanfocus

Pretty much when one auction ends, they set up another one in a couple days.

You can watch for a good deal, but be prepared to pay more than the reserve.

Wristshot

Inon's doesn't seem to sell the D180's anymore. Is it the D-2000 now?

I still see the D180's on e-bay and a few other spots, but I was wondering if I should get their latest model?

Any opinions?

They are both great strobes, but the D-2000 replaces the D-180, as the D-180 is discontinued. The D-2000 offers an S-TTL mode which I don't really use as I shoot on manual settings. However, after running them side by side, the D-2000 has a faster recharge time between firings on the same exposure settings. Can't really go wrong with either if TTL isn't a big issue. But if you want to eventually use TTL, you may be better off looking at an Ike DS-125 or the INON Z-220.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom