Blackbeard's Cruises offers shark dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robertmackey

Registered
Reaction score
HI to all! This is in regards to some pm's in regards to Blackbeard's Cruises offering a shark dive: yes we do and it is called "Bull Run". We generally have about 18 sharks ranging from 3.5 ft. to 9 ft. The depth is 60 ft. and on a clear and calm day the visability is awesome-you can see the sand from the top side of the vessel. There is also alot of nice swim throughs and very large coral heads.

Remember if you go to do the dive that we do not employ the sharks-they are not on our payroll. (lol) They are sorta trained and follow the dinghy when we set the bait out on a line. We use the fish caught on the crossing to the Bahamas from Miami.

We also have a couple of reef and wreck dives that have sharks and octopus. I have seen 200 lb logerhead turtles.

I hope this post answers the question about shark diving offered by us and I really look forward to meeting anyone that is from the board and is planning a trip with us. I work on the Morning Star and go by the name of: Sparky. If you end up on our boat I will give you the best service and most fun imagined.

Happy Diving!
Sparky

Ps. Be sure to check out the Sparky sauce. My favorite and well known drink made in the evening time when the sun is sinking low and all the divers are on board for the night.

I have done this dive (and from the Morningstar!) and can vouch for it's fabulousness. :D

On my trip we were lucky. We convinced the captain into letting us have TWO shark dives. Unfortunately the sharks were so full from the previous day's feeding, the next day's "turnout" was only moderately spectacular.

Personally though, it's the neat little swim-thru's all over the site that I enjoyed best. It's like an underwater playground for divers.

Below are a couple of photos taken at Bull Run during our Oct 2004 BB's trip aboard the Morning Star and a link to the video of the shark feed which is stored in our photo albumn on Imagestation. If you pull down the index list the photos from Bull Run are around #187 and at the very end is a link to the video of the shark feed (#254) that DH took with our Olympus 5050z. It was AWESOME!!!

Click here to view albumn

Enjoy!

Cindy the album doesn't work. It goes to the web page but when you try to enter the album nothing happens.

Hmmm...never had a problem with "inviting" people to look at this before. I sent the link to everyone on our boat and they were able to download and save the video without a membership.

Let's try this ...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/p...364882&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

Hopefully this will work. You shouldn't have to have a membership to veiw these. I dont know of any other way to share the video ...unless you want to PM me with your email address and I will try it that way.

The album from ypur first post worked fine for me and I don't have a membership with imagestation.

The trip looks great, I can't wait to get back down south.

TT :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom