Foldable or telescope compact snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I like this one. I searched for Compact snorkel and telescopic snorkel, and only a few things came up.

Another alternative is to get two small snorkels, then join the tubes together using the chopped off mouthpiece of one.

For those Florida Keys boats that insist upon a snorkel, I have a combo of a kid's snorkel with bottom purge valve, and the straight tube section cut off a 2nd snorkel. Short and flexible, the combo fits easily in a BCD pocket. When joined together, the total tube length is a bit longer than a normal snorkel.

I got an AquaLung Snap Folding Snorkel a couple months ago. No diving with it yet, but I've tried it in the pool.

It rolls up very compactly into the little "shell," which has a cord to attach to a BC pocket.

Seems pretty bullet-proof; basically two pieces of rubbery soft polymer. Oh, and pretty inexpensive.

Down side: Not the easiest to clear. No purge valve, and the shrouded top seems to make it a bit harder to blow out.

But I think it'll work.

--Marek

Back
Top Bottom