blade 2 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I am planning to buy a US DIVERS Blade 2. I am presently using a Mares Power Plana Graphite. Would the blade2 be a better fin for me , would I notice the difference from what I am using now. For me the power plana seems to be good fins for swimming against currents. but after the dive there are times that It gives me the cramps bec. of it's stiffness. Or is it just me. well, since it's foot pocket have cracked , Iam now planning to buy a new set of fins. thanks for your help in advance. :dazzler1:

I can't address the Blade 2's, but if there's any way you can salvage your Graphites, do it!

For me, they've been better than Jets when it comes to frogging along with doubles. Excellent pin-point control.

My "recreational" fins are Quattros, which for me are much more efficient at a plain flutter kick, although you can feel they aren't as crisp as the Graphites in the frog.

All the best, James

I used to have a pair of Power Plana Graphites (mid 80's) for diving in a tailrace below a hydro electric power plant. They are super fins in a current as long as you have the legs for them.

Recently I have used a set of Mares Plana Avanti's when something a little stiffer than my Jet Fins are needed.

Back
Top Bottom