Clark Air Base Area Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My company flies into Clark Air Base and I was told that there is some great diving fairly close by. Someone mentioned Capones Islands as being great diving but rough water sometimes. Any suggestions for relatively close diving for one day or two at the most?

Thanks

AggieDad:
My company flies into Clark Air Base and I was told that there is some great diving fairly close by. Someone mentioned Capones Islands as being great diving but rough water sometimes. Any suggestions for relatively close diving for one day or two at the most?

Thanks

AggieDad,

If you like wreck diving there is pretty good wreck diving in Subic Bay which is only several hours away from Clark.

http://www.divephil.com/subic/

http://www.master-dive.com/

In fact the U.S. Ambassador to the Philippines has dove there.

http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/n...ArticleID=91404

Hope these URLs are of some help.

Rickg

Hi,
I have been to Capones Island before when the GI's are still using them as target practice for their bombers. I can still remember that we can dive that Island only on Sat. & Sunday when theres no target practice, or else your're a dead man for sure. there was once a fishing boat that landed on that place while caught in rough waters. Well , no one survived that day. But the diving was great when we used to dived there a couple of times. Visibility is around 120 ft ++. I can see my friend from the surface While he was spearfishing down to 120 ft. Call that visibility. We dived there in the summer season. Not much surf. it's managable.
I did not know that there is still diving available in Capones. do you know where I can contact one.

I used to go diving at Grande Island whenever I was in Subic Bay. It was nothing all that great.
But then I made it down to Cebu and Mactan Island - and the diving there was truely awesome. If you have any kind of layover, take a hop down to Cebu. I would go back in a heartbeat, except that it's too far from Florida now...and ah, the married thing too...

gaudencio:
Hi,
I have been to Capones Island before when the GI's are still using them as target practice for their bombers. I can still remember that we can dive that Island only on Sat. & Sunday when theres no target practice, or else your're a dead man for sure. there was once a fishing boat that landed on that place while caught in rough waters. Well , no one survived that day. But the diving was great when we used to dived there a couple of times. Visibility is around 120 ft ++. I can see my friend from the surface While he was spearfishing down to 120 ft. Call that visibility. We dived there in the summer season. Not much surf. it's managable.
I did not know that there is still diving available in Capones. do you know where I can contact one.

I don't know if there is or not. I am hoping to find out.

Tom Winters:
I used to go diving at Grande Island whenever I was in Subic Bay.

i have heard that subic diving wasn't all that (except for the wrecks) and have been to grande myself a couple of times for overnight airsoft games... the water looked really inviting (never got to swim! aargh!) but the place was relatively run down.

i heard that somebody bought up the island and has renovated it into a real spiffy resort... don't know this for certain though

Tom Winters:
the married thing...

sigh... tell me about it

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom