Apex ATX-100 Hose Routing for single tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Doctor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I'm trying to configure a ATX-100 for use on a single tank DIR configuration. I can't seem to come up with a good hose routing scheme. Should the environmental seal go up or down (or at an angle)? With the seal up, the hoses flow down in a more streamlined fashion, but having the seal up would seem to expose it to potential damage in an overhead environment. Thoughts?

Dive Doctor:
Hi,
I'm trying to configure a ATX-100 for use on a single tank DIR configuration. I can't seem to come up with a good hose routing scheme. Should the environmental seal go up or down (or at an angle)? With the seal up, the hoses flow down in a more streamlined fashion, but having the seal up would seem to expose it to potential damage in an overhead environment. Thoughts?

I guess it depends what first stage you have. I have seen the DS4 which routes pretty well (no swivel turret) and the DST (similar to DS4 but one more high pressure port, turret swivel and i think an odd-sized LP port). I could not get it to route as well as the DS4 and sent it back and exchanged for the simpler (and cheaper and presumably more reliable) DS4. Sometimes progress-well, isn't

Dive Doctor:
Hi,
I'm trying to configure a ATX-100 for use on a single tank DIR configuration.
but having the seal up would seem to expose it to potential damage in an overhead environment.

I have highlighted in bold the inherent contradiction in your reasoning. I would put those hoses in the most streamlined configuration.

I just looked at the pic of it on Apeks' web site. It looks like leaving the env seal up would also cause your HP hose to stick up instead of down. I think you'd have to leave it facing down, and deal with the other hoses sticking up a little bit?

Soggy:
I have highlighted in bold the inherent contradiction in your reasoning. I would put those hoses in the most streamlined configuration.

Yes, your point is well taken! I should have said "exposed to damage". I do a bit of spearfishing around small wrecks, no true penetration situations happen. I do occasionally stick my head into an opening and can see the top of the tank hitting a beam or edge of the opening...

I do hope to get training for diving in overhead environments and at that point I will get doubles.

Thanks

jonnythan:
I just looked at the pic of it on Apeks' web site. It looks like leaving the env seal up would also cause your HP hose to stick up instead of down. I think you'd have to leave it facing down, and deal with the other hoses sticking up a little bit?

I think you are looking at the adjustment port (it's opposite the environmental cover) and "up" on the web site. The first stage in question is the FST.

With the silicon rubber (fragile) seal "up" there are 2 LP ports to the left and 2 to the right, pointing down from the horizontal about 20 degrees. There are HP ports on both sides, pointing out to the horizontal. This position results in the most stream lined routing, 2 regs to the right and inflater and gauge the to left. Problem I'm having is the non-standard primary port is to the diver's left, I guess I need to get an adaptor or plug and use it thusly.

They obviously intend for you to put the plug down and have the hosing projecting up and away from the diver.

Dive Doctor:
I think you are looking at the adjustment port (it's opposite the environmental cover) and "up" on the web site. The first stage in question is the FST.

With the silicon rubber (fragile) seal "up" there are 2 LP ports to the left and 2 to the right, pointing down from the horizontal about 20 degrees. There are HP ports on both sides, pointing out to the horizontal. This position results in the most stream lined routing, 2 regs to the right and inflater and gauge the to left. Problem I'm having is the non-standard primary port is to the diver's left, I guess I need to get an adaptor or plug and use it thusly.

They obviously intend for you to put the plug down and have the hosing projecting up and away from the diver.

Sounds similar to the DST I got stuck with. Sending it back and exchanging for the DS4 did the trick for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom