Whitefish point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox Junkie

Great Lakes diver
Reaction score
I am originally from Michigan and now reside in In
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey Lost Yooper

I was just talking over the whitefish pt trip today with my dive buddy and was wondering if you could send some information my way.
We want to set up a trip for Sept, 7th & 8th. This would be a Sat & Sunday. If you could let me know what it will cost for the two days of diving, how many dives we will do over the weekend, and let me know if those two days are open.

There will be two of us at this point. Will we be able to fill the remaining spots? Could you help with finding some divers like you did on the Straits of Mackinac trip?

Thanks for your help as always and lets get this set up!

Jeff Great lakes diver

Hey Jeff,

Yes, it appears as though the boat is open for a Whitefish trip. Are you looking at getting the boat for two full days? Will this be a tech charter this time?

I limit myself to two substantial deco dives per day for several reasons (O2 exposure, gas supply, hydration, etc). If it's going to be recreational, then you can do four dives or so per day.

Filling a boat for a Whitefish trip should be easy to do. I'd be happy to set it up for you again, if you'd like.

Let me know,

Mike

Hey Mike

I know we will want to do the Osborne if weather permits.:thunder:

I don't know how Dan runs his operation but I know we dove with Scuba North last year and did two dives a day. The day we did the Osborne we did do decompression and from that dive we went to the Miztec. Is this something we could do.

You let me know and I will relay the info to Deb.. She wanted to know if you were going to go and give us a tour.

We could do some other wrecks as well. the only ones that I have done are the Miztec, Osborne, and the Vienna. Deb has done those plus the Mathers and the Indiana...

We would like to do two in the morning both days. See what you can do. And again I think it will only be the two of us. Does Dan concider the Osborne and the Vienna a technical dive?:confused:

Jeff Great lakes diver

Hey Jeff,

I don't think he would have a problem with that at all. As long as we're back at the dock in time to pick up the afternoon crowd (12pm). Dan considers a technical charter to include two substantial deco dives. So, the Vienna and Osborne are not necessarily technical dives -- depends on how long you stay down.

I don't see why I couldn't play tour guide for that one. I'm up for it. I shouldn't have a problem getting some people to join us. Maybe some divers here on Scuba Board will be interested.

Mike

BTW, the cost will be $80ea for two dives (half day) with a 20% non refundable deposit due ASAP.

Sounds good Mike

If you could contact your buddy Dan and let him know what we would like to do..

He might not have room on the dates that we want.

Then let him know that we will discuss it further on June 1st up in the straits of Mackinac....:snorkel:

How does that sound.. We can discuss with him what wrecks we want to do and see what he thinks..

I owe ya one...:peace:

Jeff Great lakes diver

I just e-mailed him. If it's open, I'll reserve the boat.

I'll let you know.

Mike

P. S. How do ya like my new AVATAR???

Would anyone know how long it would take to get to the Straights from the Toronto area?

Back
Top Bottom