charters in TX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravisT

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I recieved my certification last summer. I only have about 20 dives under my belt and would like to get some more before attempting spearfishing in the gulf. However, I was down at scubatoys this weekend and was talking with a person who had been spearfishing in the gulf. He was talking about how the visibility was pretty good, the average depth he went while spearfishing was 30-45 ft in areas that were roughly 60 ft deep. Anyhow, I am comfortable with that and feel as though with my limited experience and alongside a more experienced diver, I would feel comfortable with this. Almost all of my 20 dives have been 20ft visibility or below.

Enough with that, essentially I am looking for a good charter boat to go with. We are looking for something small. We don't want to get involved with a huge party and someone who is trying to rush from place to place. Particularly we are looking for a captain who has plenty of experience in doing this and is patient with 2-3 spearfishing newbies.

Can anyone recommend me to someone? or have any suggestions on how to go about finding a good captain?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

travis where are you located are you in texas?? i know of a shop in houston that takes groups out to the rigs..i plan on joining them when the water warms up a little more pm me and i will let you know the shop when i come back from my trip (how the hell did i do this with the darker letters) o well ..

Back
Top Bottom