Tuesday Feb 1 weigh-in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoyden

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
No change from last week for me, but since I had out of town guests last week and wasn't very diligent in either working out or sticking to my diet, I guess I can't complain. At least I didn't go up:).

Jackie

I am down 2.0lbs this week. I am really trying to follow the South Beach Diet close. I had been on this last year from Jan. until about March, then switched back to WW. I lost about 10lbs and the starting from July until now hadn't done much except to gain it back.

This was my first weigh in after the first week on Phase 1. Next week I will be re-introducing carbs back, staying with those that are the good carbs. Whole grains, fruit, oatmeal. Oh, my. I honestly can say that I don't have any cravings, or miss those things. Most of the time I feel very satisfied and not hungry.

I am not a typical example of someone losing weight on the first week as my thyroid disease does make it more of a challenge, and because I already had a fairly healthy diet that makes this plan a bit slow. I don't have extra fluid weight to lose either. Still I have 33.5 lbs to lose to my goal.

We're with you Cindy! Jackie you too!

seaangel:
I am down 2.0lbs this week. I am really trying to follow the South Beach Diet close. I had been on this last year from Jan. until about March, then switched back to WW. I lost about 10lbs and the starting from July until now hadn't done much except to gain it back.

This was my first weigh in after the first week on Phase 1. Next week I will be re-introducing carbs back, staying with those that are the good carbs. Whole grains, fruit, oatmeal. Oh, my. I honestly can say that I don't have any cravings, or miss those things. Most of the time I feel very satisfied and not hungry.

I am not a typical example of someone losing weight on the first week as my thyroid disease does make it more of a challenge, and because I already had a fairly healthy diet that makes this plan a bit slow. I don't have extra fluid weight to lose either. Still I have 33.5 lbs to lose to my goal.
hey seaangel, sorry, I have not been to this forum before but noted you said thyroid disease in your post. You may have mentioned your disease elsewhere but if you don't mind, may I ask what it is? I think I may have some thyroid concerns.

Down 5 pounds in the past 8 days (mostly water I'm sure). Finally broke down and started doing NutriSystem, and it's working great for me. I'm determined to lose another 35 pounds, and I'm confident that NutriSystem will teach me to eat smaller, healthier meals. The downside is that it's prepackaged for the main parts of the meals, but the upside is lots of veggies and fruit to fill me up.

Getting back to the BowFlex starting on Monday.....it's time to get back in shape!

I was 226# on the scale again yesterday. That's +1 from last week (but the same as two weeks ago Ack! it's +2 from two weeks ago!!).

The good part is that I'm not really thinking about "diet" and doing essentially no exercise with this winter weather. (And no diving for 7 weeks now :-(

-Rob

freediver:
hey seaangel, sorry, I have not been to this forum before but noted you said thyroid disease in your post. You may have mentioned your disease elsewhere but if you don't mind, may I ask what it is? I think I may have some thyroid concerns.

Freediver,
I don't know if I posted on this thread or not. I have under Dive Medicine. Anyway I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and goiter. I am becoming more and more hypothyroid as it seems and my Synthroid is not keeping the goiter from enlarging anymore. I was diagnosed 6 yrs ago and have had ups and downs with thyroid symptoms. Over the last year I have been getting more symptoms, weight slow to lose or none at all. I also, gain just by looking at something good to eat. I have had problems with sleep at night, where I just kind of snore but it is more gasping and it wakes me. I have headaches more again, I get hoarse more frequently now and sometimes have a raspy sounding voice. I use to sing in the church choir, but my voice has changed so much I can't. Because of the enlargement and its symptoms I have elected to have thyroid surgery on March 21. I was concerned about diving after the surgery, I have a trip planned to Bonaire for June, at 12 weeks after surgery. DAN told me that should not be a problem as long as my thyroid medication has me at stable thyroid levels.

My diagnosis was not truly confirmed until this last fall when the surgeon that I see was the only Dr. that tested me for Hashimotos thyroiditis. The others just ran the normal thyroid levels on me, and the were always normal. I could complain all I wanted to them about my symptoms and got no where. Very frustrating. Any way now I now why I have the periods of feeling so bad.

Yesterday and today have not been really good ones either. I have had one of those headaches that I get and it just won't go.

If you are concerned about any symptoms or other issues just pm me. Glad to share if you want to know anything.

a little bit belated.... i just got back last night from a trip up to canada and 4 days of snowboarding...

206# -- up 2.5# -- not too surprised given how sore my muscles were getting up there, and how much I was eating like a horse -- some of that has to be muscle i put on...

Back
Top Bottom