Eclipse Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SunFishSarah

Reaction score
Anyone using/used them? I'll be gear shopping with my instructor in the next few weeks but opinions are always valuable to have.

Cheers!

Sarah

Thanks Dryglove...

It seems from what I've been seeing on a search is that most people posting are activly using the Pioneer wings. Is there a reason to choose Pioneer over Eclipse for a single tank set up?

S

Dryglove:
I own a eclipse 40lb wing and works great....no complaints here. Also check out the oxycheq signature series wing that is very similar. There are a few pics of mine in my gallery.

The Poneer costs less than the Eclipse but the Eclipse is more durable. The Pioneer doesn't need a single tank adapter (built-in).

I'd take the Eclipse (which I'll be buying in a few weeks) for durability reasons.
Apparently, it's difficult / impossible to repair a punctured Pioneer.

Laurens

Several DIR-NL members have indicated otherwise. Doesn't really matter.
How often does one puncture their wing?

Laurens

SunFishSarah:
Thanks Dryglove...

It seems from what I've been seeing on a search is that most people posting are activly using the Pioneer wings. Is there a reason to choose Pioneer over Eclipse for a single tank set up?

S

Also keep im mind that the eclipse wings are fairly new to the market where the pioneer wings have been around for a while not to mention they are cheaper. The eclipse is a heavy duty two layer version of the pioneer. I used a pioneer for a while and gashed it due to my own dumb fault when the bp/wing assembly fell landing on the lower corner of the BP with the wing sandwhiched between the ground and BP. I patched it and used it for quite a while afterwards.

My wife, my son and myself all have Eclipse wings. No problems and they have a slightly smaller profile than the equivalent lift Pioneer. I would recommend them. I would also check out the Oxycheq Signatures.

Much shopping and hysterical laughing at Joe, Pat, and Scott whose antics/comments and advice made the trip worthwhile. Someone kept telling me everything was on sale!! Ended up with extras as I always do. None of the accesories I wanted came in pink.. Suunto should really get a clue.. Moving on.....

After all was said and done today and I ended up with the Eclipse and Mike with the Pioneer. If all else fails we can trade.. :)

Thank you all for your comments, as always.

Regards,

S

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom