Anyone been to Pleasant Lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbramley

Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering how the viz is at Pleasant lately. Got new dry suit and would like to work on the skills. I live near Saguaro but if viz is good at Pleasant I would go there.

Thanks,

Dan

dbramley:
Just wondering how the viz is at Pleasant lately. Got new dry suit and would like to work on the skills. I live near Saguaro but if viz is good at Pleasant I would go there.

Thanks,

Dan
Well it's certainly going to be better than Saguaro....LOL

Steve

I was curious as to what the water levels are out there now! lol. HAS to be better than it was last summer.

SCUBAKristey:
I was curious as to what the water levels are out there now! lol. HAS to be better than it was last summer.

I dove there last Sunday. The water level has risen dramatically. However, visibility is limited. I suppose this is due to the run-off from all the rain we've had. You can see maybe 5 or 6 feet.

I've been diving Canyon lately cause Pleasant was so low, but I'm planning a dive there next week. According to AZ Game & Fish, the level is -15 as of yesterday. If the viz is only 5-6 at Pleasant, you might be better off going to Canyon, it's the same, and a lot closer to you. I just need a change of scenery...

rossi777, what part of Pleasant did you dive Sunday?

Dive-aholic:
I've been diving Canyon lately cause Pleasant was so low, but I'm planning a dive there next week. According to AZ Game & Fish, the level is -15 as of yesterday. If the viz is only 5-6 at Pleasant, you might be better off going to Canyon, it's the same, and a lot closer to you. I just need a change of scenery...

rossi777, what part of Pleasant did you dive Sunday?

There's a point to the west of the Ten-Lane Boat Ramp. A paved road goes along the point and into the lake. To the east of the road there is a wall of sorts. When the visibility is better you see quite a few bass, catfish, sunfish, etc.

rossi777:
There's a point to the west of the Ten-Lane Boat Ramp. A paved road goes along the point and into the lake. To the east of the road there is a wall of sorts. When the visibility is better you see quite a few bass, catfish, sunfish, etc.

Thanks. I've never dived that point before. I'll have to check it out this week.

I went diving in Pleasant Saturday. Yeah, it was raining, but my last planned dive was rained out, so I went anyway. Viz was 3' at best, less than 1' once I hit 15' depth. The lake level was the highest I've ever seen it. One of the rangers said it was at 1695, up 5' from the night before - 5' overnight! He wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be down too long because he didn't want to end up pulling my truck out of the water, and I wasn't parked that close to it! Last year about this time I was told it was full at 1702, but it was a good 5-10' higher yesterday. Temp was 55. There was so much run off into the lake that I could actually feel a slight current. So not the best conditions, even for AZ, but hey, it was a couple of dives!

Dive-aholic:
I went diving in Pleasant Saturday. Yeah, it was raining, but my last planned dive was rained out, so I went anyway. Viz was 3' at best, less than 1' once I hit 15' depth. The lake level was the highest I've ever seen it. One of the rangers said it was at 1695, up 5' from the night before - 5' overnight! He wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be down too long because he didn't want to end up pulling my truck out of the water, and I wasn't parked that close to it! Last year about this time I was told it was full at 1702, but it was a good 5-10' higher yesterday. Temp was 55. There was so much run off into the lake that I could actually feel a slight current. So not the best conditions, even for AZ, but hey, it was a couple of dives!

Where did you dive? Yesterday I went to the place I described earlier. However, the road heading west from the 10 Lane Boat Ramp was underwater! I had to find a different way in there. It's amazing how much the lake rose in one week.

I checked out the area you described and noticed that. I also went over to Dirty Shirt, but the water there was pretty mucky - lots of branches and mud on the surface. Finally ended up going to the end of Desert Tortoise Rd. We just walked down the road into the water and took off from there. Once you get past the "walls" you can turn either right or left (300 or 120 on the compass) and get down into some depressions and swim along some pseudo walls. We usually go there anyway. You can get a little depth - 30-70+ depending on lake level - and it's a no wake zone. We'll probably hit a different site next month - if the rain stops long enough for the water to clear up a bit. DT is a decent site, we just want a change of scenery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom