Altitude Diver Course in Connecticut?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FloppyFoot

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the altitude diver course in Connecticut? I'm hoping to take it this summer and was wondering if anyone teaches it to us flatlanders locally? If so, where did you take it and how was the experience?

Thanks!

Charlie

I remember Ed Simas at Rex Dive Center in Norwalk mentioning that they use Squantz Pond in New Farifield for a PADI altitude diving specialty course. It must just squeak by.

Dev

Come out to Colorado if you want some altitude. You'd be the first person in history to make a dive trip TO Colorado, the worst dive state in the country.

I see that we have our own forum now though, Rocky Mountain Oysters. When you get here, try some they are not half bad :wink:

That's......disturbing. Do they come fried or baked? What about Atkins friendly? Low Fat? Stop me now!

LobstaMan

And is that what made LobstaMan an "Irregular Member"...? :wink:

Seriously, thanks for the insight. I didn't know Rex would teach the class. On the PADI web site they list PanAqua in Brookfield as teaching the course, but it's not on their web site. I'm not aware of any ponds or lakes over 1000 ft in CT?

FloppyFoot:
And is that what made LobstaMan an "Irregular Member"...? :wink:

Seriously, thanks for the insight. I didn't know Rex would teach the class. On the PADI web site they list PanAqua in Brookfield as teaching the course, but it's not on their web site. I'm not aware of any ponds or lakes over 1000 ft in CT?

PanAqua taught it on 8/28 at Lake Minnewaska in NY. About 1.5 hours from Danbury,CT. I missed the class but they'll probably do another in the summer. Give 'em a call and let them know you're interested then they'll plug for more students to setup a class.

Back
Top Bottom