Suunto Gekko vs. Mosquito

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nardulli

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,
I am A) a newbie, doing my OW cert dives in March in Coz and B) trying to decide on a computer. I have read some, researched some, but thought I would come to the seasoned gang here for advice.

Any thoughts on the Gekko vs. the Mosquito? Other wrist style computers I should be looking at?

Many Thanks,
Jim

The mosquito won't disappoint you. Make sure you get some screen protectors from circuit city as the dial can easily scratch. Other than that it a great convergent device that combines watch, and computer functions.

If you plan on strictly rec diving its a good investment.

You may also want to check out the timex line, but IMHO the mosquito rocks for the $$$, function, and simplicity.

Nardulli:
Hi All,
I am A) a newbie, doing my OW cert dives in March in Coz and B) trying to decide on a computer. I have read some, researched some, but thought I would come to the seasoned gang here for advice.

Any thoughts on the Gekko vs. the Mosquito? Other wrist style computers I should be looking at?

Many Thanks,
Jim

Jim,

I have the Suunto Gekko, and it is okay. A little difficult to manuever at first, but all in all is great for a beginner. The only negative factor I can say about it is, there is no way to download your dive profiles to your computer. Not a big deal for me, as I just do the math myself, but it would be a nice feature.

Pam

Mosquito = Nice computer, good looking watch, comfortable.

Gekko = Large display, bigger numbers.

Both are excellent value in a dive computer!! Same basic algorithm, features, and user friendliness.

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom