Maravu Plantation Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone stayed at Maravu? Have some work friends going there for their honeymoon, and they're wondering if there's other dining options besides the resort itself. Haven't been to that part of Fiji before, so not sure if it's isolated or next door to another resort with more restaurants, etc.

We stayed (and dined) there on our Fiji trip. Taveune didn't seem to be *developed* if you know what I mean. We travelled back and forth a bit there and I don't remember seeing any restaurants though there are other resorts where I suppose one could have dinner. That said... Maravu is plush... why do they feel the need to *dine out*?

They're going purely for a wedding/honeymoon - they're not a diving couple.

We booked at Maravu but didn't stay there because they put us in one of the rearmost bures and would not move us. These bures are overly warm when it's hot and the walk to them brings you past a bunch of detritus that is less than appealing. The bures towards the front are very nice with distant ocean views. The staff is very friendly.

When we left Maravu, we moved across the street to the Taveuni Island Resort. It is one of the single most beautiful and romantic spots I can imagine. They cut us a very good deal when we just walked up.

They've already booked an oceanfront bure. Does Taveuni have restaurants, and is it within walking distance? No idea of how the resorts are setup on Taveuni Island.

No real restaurants on Tavenuni, where one would go out to dinner. lot's of little hole-in-the-wall places for local food. We were there on our honeymoon in August and stayed at Taveuni Island Resort also. Great place to stay.

That said they should make sure they walk down to Audrey's by the Sea. She has great cakes and desserts and a wonderful homemade Kaluha. Although I believe she closes early.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom