Introductions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnSnider

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

What an excellent idea to have our own little "group". Since I'm new and all, I thought everyone could take a quick minute to give a short introduction. Obviously, some of you know each other already :)

I'll start....

Well, I'm really new to this. I just finished my course last weekend. Still awaiting a bit of an increase in water temp. before I do my O/W dives. Absolutely loved the course and diving, in general. Been hooked since I tried it in Cuba about 6 years ago... just took me a while to get certified.

I live in Barrie! I'm a firefighter in Toronto. Good shifts means I hope to do a lot of diving this summer and am planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta in the fall (ok family vacation and not the best diving spot apparently but none the less I'm going diving!)

I've learned tons already and look foward to learning lots more and making some friends along the way.

Hello to all!

John

howdy John Snider and welome to the board. This is a great board, The more your on here the more you get to know the personalities. Some times you can just click on a members profile and there is some info on them and some like myself some times keep a website. My site if you care to browse it is more just for fun and to inform other net surfing divers of some good surrounding dive sites. Best way to get to know other folks here is to do what you are doing now.... just ask questions and read the forums. There are a lot of friendly fun people here.:guitarist

welcome from Texas! We all started out as strangers so just right in and get to know everyone :D

Welcome to the neighbourhood, you'll have a blast here. I bet you are looking forward to your cert dives. In no time at all you'll not be looking at the water temp to go diving --- just looking for buddies to go diving (can you tell I'm whining 'cause a buddy bailed on me? - shuzbut).

Hey John welcome. My son's a firefighter in Toronto as well. Hope you enjoy the group. We do have some fun.

and a WARM Welcome from sunny ARIZONA

glad to have you here :balloon:

Hello from below the Mason-Dixon line... Atlanta, GA!

~SubMariner~

A Canuck in the Deep South

As Dee said when we joined we were all strangers.......hehehehe and now ......we are even more stranger..........(errr or is that strange) oh well..............................

Welcome from the south shore of Lake Ontario!

Let us know how the C-dives go!!

See you 'round the boards! :)

Hi John;

You are right in my back yard. I live in Innisfil at the bottom (Lake Simcoe) end of the 7th line. I just started diving last year about this time so don't have a real lot of experience either. Actually I am writing this email from Pompano Beach, Florida. I'm down for nine days and did a shore dive yesterday. Off to the Keys tomorrow for what I hope will be four dives in two days. I'll settle for two though.

Look me up in the Stroud directory and give me a call in a couple of days. I have a 25' boat that we did some diving from last summer in Simcoe. It isn't easy finding dive buddies dispite what people say. Schedules, experience levels etc all play a part in it.

I work weird shifts like firefighters as I work as an aircraft mechanic for Air Canada. Maybe we can compare scheds and get together. That goes for anyone else out there who wants to dive Simcoe or get together some where else. Email me at billpick@rogers.com

By the way, I just joined this forum tonight so I'm new here also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom