Removal of Sherwood Dept Gauge on 3 Gauge Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Intermission

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a sherwood 3 gauge console and just purchased a sherwood profile computer puck. I know this can be installed by removing the depth gauge. How is the depth gauge removed from the console?

Thanks.

I had a similar problem getting my computer into my console. It was very hard to bend the rubber console to make it fit.

I found that by heating the console rubber in hot water it made it easier to bend and get the console in. (notice I said hot and not boiling as I didn't want to damage the other gauges.)

-mike

Intermission:
I have a sherwood 3 gauge console and just purchased a sherwood profile computer puck. I know this can be installed by removing the depth gauge. How is the depth gauge removed from the console?

Thanks.

Hi. Welcome!!

Is your console one of these (attached)?

I've got an Oceanic hockey-puck computer (should be identical in dimensions to your Profile -- both made by Pelagic), that I put into one of these Sherwood 3-gauge consoles. I seem to remember the depth gauge just popped out of the console with a little bit of gentle twisting and working... be careful with too much violent prying with the plastic gauge housing.

I think, though, the tougher problem you're going to come up against is fitting the hockey-puck computer into the console. When you buy a console with a computer already in it, it seems like there's a spacer in there too. The computer is significantly smaller than the opening, and just sort of rattles around without the spacer.

What I did was take a razor knife to an old compass boot and "carve" a new spacer... had to fill in space under the computer, and around the circumference.

I'd be real curious to hear what your experience will be...

Cheers!

--Marek

Back
Top Bottom