Suunto D9 vs Mares Nemo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquarius

Reaction score
I am planning to purchase either one of these watches does anyone have any comments experiances to make on the D9 vs Nemo? I will wear it evrey day I like both styles.

I am also planning on purchasing a Uwatec bottom timer or D3 opinions?

I am partial to the SK-7 also as I hate tilt issues on normal compasses and +/- 30 degrees seems like it will resolve this. Thoughts?

Best place to buy in Hong Kong?

D9 is definitely the better option; more features AND wireless transmitter option—more expensive though. The Uwatec bottom timer is a good choice—very reliable and the battery lasts a LONG time (UWATEC claims a decade at 100 dives per year).

Try
Diving Express, 1/F.,29 Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2724 1322 Fax: (852) 2868 2268

Its all up to you.

Suunto D9 has all the features and did great on functionability but it lacks the style when compared to the Nemo. Mares did great in its stylish design but ofcors, it doesnt have the compass, transmitter and all that but its features are still great. (Good depth reading and the like.)

So if youre into style, choose Nemo
but if youre "feature sensitive" D9.

By the way, Nemo is way CHEAPER than a D9. Just comapare the difference of the prices (D9's Price - Nemo's price) if it's worth your extra money with its added feature, then you'll arrive in a good decision.

For me? Nemo would be practical as i can buy other gadgets cheaper! :wink:

Also, Manila, Philippines is great place to shop since dive shops are competing for a lower price! You would be able to save alot of money.

Cheers!

blooue4u:
Its all up to you.

Suunto D9 has all the features and did great on functionability but it lacks the style when compared to the Nemo. Mares did great in its stylish design but ofcors, it doesnt have the compass, transmitter and all that but its features are still great. (Good depth reading and the like.)

So if youre into style, choose Nemo
but if youre "feature sensitive" D9.

By the way, Nemo is way CHEAPER than a D9. Just comapare the difference of the prices (D9's Price - Nemo's price) if it's worth your extra money with its added feature, then you'll arrive in a good decision.

For me? Nemo would be practical as i can buy other gadgets cheaper! :wink:

Also, Manila, Philippines is great place to shop since dive shops are competing for a lower price! You would be able to save alot of money.

Cheers!

Hey blooue4u.. any suggestions as to what dive shops in manila I can shop around for a nicely priced..apeks pulse, suunto stinger or mares nemo? actually i've been scouting around and saw nautilus.. but I want to make sure that the place I buy my equipment can guarantee warranty and since the watches I chose are not user replaceable batteries..they can change it for me quickly without ruining a weekend =)

thanks

Albert

Suunto Dealer from Suunto Website:

TIME DEPOT - ROBINSONS PLACE MANILA
Address: Level 2, Robinsons Place Manila, Manila, PHILIPPINES
Phone: (632) 525-5193 - Email: tdi_robermita@timedepot.com.ph
Product Categories: Wristop Computers, Training

I'd ask them what is involved in the changing of the battery and whether they actually do it. I know for the Uwatec/ScubaPro computers you actually need to send it to Uwatec/ScubaPro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom