roatan vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
my wife and i are thinking of going to Roatan this spring... we want
to book our own hotels and plane fares, on-line if possible.

does anyone have any reccomendations for a good outfit to book through?

also, any info on the Caribbean Dream Hotel in West Bay would be
appreciated!

thanks in advance!

H2Andy:
my wife and i are thinking of going to Roatan this spring... we want
to book our own hotels and plane fares, on-line if possible.

does anyone have any reccomendations for a good outfit to book through?

thanks in advance!

You can try www.fantasyislandresort.com. They use TACA Airlines and get bulk rate. The hotel and dive op there is good too. Good value. Good luck

oops... not sure how i didn't see your answer before.

thanks for the info

Hi Andy,
Went to Roatan a year ago in Jan, went to Fantasy Island, I'm sure you've seen the adds. Really can't beat that place for the money. Food is great, diving and DM's as well, had a great time. You can't beat the shore diving there either, the Prince Albert and a DC-3 are cabled from the gazebo and are no more than 10 min away in the 50-60' range. With planning you can do a wall dive, the Prince Albert and the DC-3 all in one dive and be back at the gazebo with 1000 psi. or so.
One more thing, they have Happy Hour, I think it's from 5-6, drinks are 2 for one!
They have various forms of lodging, a 2 story motel style building and then several small bungalos, rooms are not fancy, but clean, air conditioning worked well, they have their own generator, and meals are great. Security is no problem on the resort.
FI is an island (seperated by a canal) off of Roatan. Have a great time.
Best flights Miami direct to Roatan on TACA Airlines, I believe they only do that on Saturdays maybe Sundays as well.
Any questions email me at scott22sn@cox.net.
Scott

i really appreciate the info. thank you!

Hi Andy,

I go to Roatan quite frequently (16 times) and I would suggest that you contact Roatan Charter (http://www.roatan.com/) for information and reservations. I usually use Liz to make my reservations. She has done an excellent job of it. Both Continental and TACA go there non stop on Saturdays from Houston and TACA goes non stop from Miami on Sundays. I would STRONGLY recommend that you fly direct because of the greatly increased chance of misplaced baggage if you go through San Pedro Sula. Thus far, I have not had any bags lost, but the stories are rampant. I would also suggest that you book through a travel agent like Roatan Charter, instead of directly to the airline, as you will get a much better price due to the "group" pricing available even if it is just you and the wife. They cover most all of the resorts on the island so they can help you wherever you want to stay. If you need any further specific info, you can PM me if you like. Enjoy the trip.

H2Andy:
i really appreciate the info. thank you!

Hey andy, my name's andy too and my gf and I are going to Roatan on april 16'th. I've just been reading a lot of your posts for a while now and thought i'd drop a hello.

We didn't opt for an all inclusive. We plan on doing about 18 dives on a trip that arrives saturday and departs a week later on monday. We're heading to the mainland for a hike through the rain forest and then heading to utila in the middle of the week to give the whale sharks a try. Then we're heading back to Foster's resort to finish off the trip. My gf found a place on sandy beach to begin the trip. I guess they have snorkeling immediately off the shore in 3 feet of water.

Maybe we can do a bit of itinery swappin the next couple weeks to help offer ideas. Our trip timeline is laid out, but we have yet to investigate various restaurants and the small particulars.

See you around. Andy

again, everybody, thank you so much for the info... we're pretty serious now about
going, after seeing all these options

shrew, our trip is planned for early July -- would love to hear what your do and
where while you're in Roatan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom