Sherwood Wisdom download issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chriscamp

New
Reaction score
I am having problems downloading my new Sherwood Wisdom to my XP PC. After installing the Wisdom software there seems to be some issues with the USB software. I get a message stating that the software manufacturer does not certify it for XP. After selecting to install it anyway (the software package says it's XP compatable) my computer locked up and would not reboot. $80 and 3 hours of computer geek service later my pc is up and running, but I still get the same error.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Sorry Chris, can't say that I have. I have the same setup with XP and the same software and dive computer and have not had any problems to date. Did you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the software?

Oceanseleven:
Sorry Chris, can't say that I have. I have the same setup with XP and the same software and dive computer and have not had any problems to date. Did you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the software?

yes I did try to uninstall and reinstall several times.

Chris, I have Windows XP Home (now SP2, but probably SP1 when I originally installed the software). I had no trouble installing nor any trouble using on XP.

Have you had any trouble installing other USB things on your computer? It may well be that the problem is with the USB support in your computer (especially if it is older hardware) rather than XP or the Wisdom software.

The software user interface is a bit dated-looking (ie Access circa 1997 or something), but it has been relatively reliable for me, and is intuitive enough to use that I can remember how to download after not using it for 6 months.

chriscamp:
I am having problems downloading my new Sherwood Wisdom to my XP PC. After installing the Wisdom software there seems to be some issues with the USB software. I get a message stating that the software manufacturer does not certify it for XP. After selecting to install it anyway (the software package says it's XP compatable) my computer locked up and would not reboot. $80 and 3 hours of computer geek service later my pc is up and running, but I still get the same error.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Chris,
I don't know if you will get this or not since this is an old thread, but I am having the same problem. I have tried it on a couple of computers including a 6 month old desktop with XP and a new laptop with XP. Did you ever figure how to get it to download? Mine sees the USB interface but that is all it will do, the download times out.

scuba1123:
Mine sees the USB interface but that is all it will do, the download times out.

I hate to ask a stupid question, but are you sure it is not just 'operator error'? You have to put your Wisdom in download mode at the same time as you are going into download mode on the computer. I forget the exact sequence, but not putting the Wisdom into download mode would also cause it to time out.

Also it is possible that you have a faulty USB cable. If you can find someone with a cable and working Wisdom system, you could then swap things around and figure out what's not working.

I have no problems downloading my dive data but everytime I exit the program the program asks me if I want to backup my dive data. I always click yes and I always get an error message. I don't remember exactly what the error message is as I'm not at my computer right now. Has anyone else had this problem?

I hate to ask a stupid question, but it is not just 'operator error'? I have put the Wisdom in download mode at the same time as I am going into download mode on the computer. But it alway goes into "time out". And does not load my dives!! What am I doind wrong? Everyone else seems to get it to work? I aslo am unable to type the serial number into the software? Could this be messing it up? Please help?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom