If you don't have spring straps, buy them

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I got spring straps for xmas and I FINALLY got to use them last week. I will never dive without them again. We did a beach dive and my fins were on faster than I thought possible.
It doesn't matter what kind of fins you have, they almost certainly make spring straps for them. Talk to your LDS, Larry at scubatoys or scuba.com and get them!!! Ours were about $40 and we love them.
Yay! :07:

Some things must be done to be appreciated. Spring straps rule. Especially on a beach entry/exit. :wink:

Safe Diving

I don't know how many people have laughed at me about my spring straps, UNTIL the time comes that they are fighting getting their fins on and I am in the water...thanks to my spring straps. Of course I tend to make some comment about spring straps are really nice.
They also prevent having to carry another strap around for your fins. Nothing to break other than the post.
Spring straps are da bomb!

Walter:
My straps can't get any easier. To save $40, I'll carry extra straps and change them every 5 years or so.

I just made my own. They were $25 for the parts (all stainless) and about 10 minutes of work. Considering my Mares replacement straps are $20 (a rip-off for sure) I think they are cheaper and easier. ($25 for a pair that will last forever instead of $40 for something that will last 2-5 years)

I didn't really think I needed/wanted them until I started diving dry. Man - those monster boots (I wear a size 13 shoe) were impossible to get the regular rubber straps over. It took my one dive with the old straps before I had springs.

Walter:
My straps can't get any easier. To save $40, I'll carry extra straps and change them every 5 years or so.

You got somethin' against bandwagons or somethin' ?

Did 280+ dives (boat, beach, rocky shore) without them, never missed them for a second...
(Yes, I did try them!)

Just one moment of thought about how and where you'll put your fins (Mares tri's in my case) on WILL help...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom