Human remains in a shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a picture of the shark on CNN.com. I've heard the Tiger shark has a slow digestion system, so I wonder if this would complicate determining the time and location of the attack/accident.

Ewwww....not nice!

Interesting how they'd find out who/where/when tho!

Well, that makes me want to jump right in! Am I being childish, or are tiger sharks really scary. I tell all my friends that they only bite surfers, not divers. :D

of a maneater... This is just so atavistic... primal even! I would really like to know how/when/where, but I just don't think we are going to get the whole story.

Originally posted by landlocked
Well, that makes me want to jump right in! Am I being childish, or are tiger sharks really scary. I tell all my friends that they only bite surfers, not divers. :D

The reason people say sharks attack surfers rather than divers is due to the fact if you look up at a surfer laying on there board it apparently appears like turtles and seals!

If my mind is still in working order, sharks can only attack upwards as well. A diver is harder to attack that someone on the surface.

But saying all this, I am not saying sharks dont attack divers. PLEASE dont get in the water with a great white and come after me with a missing leg!

We all have to respect sharks when we are in their environment. At the end of the day, when we're in their terriotory, we're no longer top of the food chain! :)

New South Wales is the coast of Australia isn't it?

Possible ID off dental records and or genetics.

It would be interesting to see the rest of the story. The person could have already drowned when he became fish food.

Tom

Newspaper article with details of the catch. The shark was apparently caught during a gamefishing competition after being spotted in the water about 30 miles offshore. :shaking:

Lake Macquarie is roughly an hour and a half north of Sydney, on Australia's east coast.

I read somewhere else that they believe it is actually a female. Something to do with the length of the nails on the hand and the bone structure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom