Anyone dived with Big Apple Dive Resort in Puerto Galera??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fredi

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend recommended Big Apple ,at Sabang Beach,because of the reasonable room/dive cost.Also their facilities are commendable.Any comments and recommendation from those who have been there?Thanks in advance.Fredi.

Fredi:
A friend recommended Big Apple ,at Sabang Beach,because of the reasonable room/dive cost.Also their facilities are commendable.Any comments and recommendation from those who have been there?Thanks in advance.Fredi.

How much are they charging per dive?

Fredi:

i got to stay at big apple but this was before i was a diver... they have comfortable accomods, not the ritz but definitely comfy and clean...

their pool is big and relaxing...

food's not bad but i'd take the 2 minute walk behind the resort and head for le bistrot... best darn restaurant i've ever tried... even better than soooooooo many here in manila

Jag

Axua:

what i know is all the resorts on galera are part of some association, so their rates are regulated to ensure fair business for all of them (and there are a lot of them)... i know that the american/filipino/aussie/european run resorts all comply... no idea if the korean ones care since they have an exclusive korean market to cater to

anyway: it's $20US for own-equipment and $25 for rental equipment (BC/reg, wetsuit, mask, fins)

basic rate includes tank, weights, belt, DM/guide and boat/banca service to the dive site... during the off/lean season you can haggle for a $20 rate while using their stuff... or they'll give you a slightly lower rate if you book more than 2 dives with them... but that's the rule of thumb $20US

if you cross though to anilao, it's half... about $10 for a own-equip dive inclusive of DM and banca... cool huh

Jag

Axua:
They charge 20 boat dives for $300,which equals to $15 per dive.I can do 4 dives a day for 5 days!Not bad a deal at all.They got a great website with lots of info and fotos.I've booked with them and will be there for a week in early March.Fredi.

Fredi:
They charge 20 boat dives for $300,which equals to $15 per dive.I can do 4 dives a day for 5 days!Not bad a deal at all.They got a great website with lots of info and fotos.I've booked with them and will be there for a week in early March.Fredi.

that sounds like a great deal! have lots of fun ok!

Jag

Does the dive shops in Anilao picks up divers from other resorts for diving?I have to stay at Eagle Point Resort for a 3 days seminar but prefer to dive with other dive shops,Their inhouse dive shop charge $65 for 2 dives.Thats expensive when compare to US and Carribean price!Do you know the names of some of these dive shops in Anilao,that can do this?This is my first time staying and diving Anilao.I'll be there this month on Feb 24 to 27.Any suggestions appreciated.Thanks.Fredi.

Fredi:
Does the dive shops in Anilao picks up divers from other resorts for diving?I have to stay at Eagle Point Resort for a 3 days seminar but prefer to dive with other dive shops,Their inhouse dive shop charge $65 for 2 dives.Thats expensive when compare to US and Carribean price!Do you know the names of some of these dive shops in Anilao,that can do this?This is my first time staying and diving Anilao.I'll be there this month on Feb 24 to 27.Any suggestions appreciated.Thanks.Fredi.

$65!? highway robbery!!! but then again eagle point is a premium resort... but the water's all the same really

ok, these are your options:

while you're at eagle point you take a walk to a nearby resort and book your dives with them... i'm not 100% as to the immediate topography of the eagle point area if (there are) neighboring resorts, if you have to take the road or you can cross from the shore (along the "beach")...

or, you book dives online with other anilao resorts: outrigger is relatively nearby, or you can try balai... but there are so many others... i just wish i had a map plotting out the individual resorts and where they are vis-a-vis each other

i don't know what arrangements resorts have about hosting the dives of another resort's guests, but it's really your money and you can tell them to bite you if they raise and eyebrow... they really won't stop you anyway...

what might happen though is that (for delicadeza's sake) you'd probably be best off booking w/ a resort immediately beside eagle point... that way your dive gear would be a few meters away in the next resort and you'd gear up and board the banca from there instead of off the eagle point loading pier - and no akward situations for anyone

then again, are you sure it's 65 for 2 dives? that's way a lot even for a top resort... maybe it's $65 for a 1-day stay with 2 dives or an overnight stay with 2 dives per day... you might want to double-check that and save yourself a lot of trouble :wink:

either way, if you do need more help, just email me and i'll try to get you hooked up with a local DM so he can arrange the bancas and pickups and all for you, ayt!

Jag

Yes it is $65 for 2 boat dives for a single diver.I am the only diver in my group!Room and board not included.I would prefer to stay at Balai(highly recommended by many) but since this is a government sponsored seminar in Eaglepoint,I'm stuck(not that i'm complaining).Go check out their website!It is daylight highway robbery.Unfortunately I have no idea which resort is nearby Eaglepoint.I wish someone could tell me since this is my first trip there.Can I walk from EP to a nearby resort to dive with them?Appreciate if you could give me some dive shop numbers to call and arrange to dive with them instead.I am arriving from NY to Manila on Feb 19,and hopefully I can make these arrangements before I arrive to EaglePoint on Feb 24 nite.Hope you or someone who knows these kind of deals in Anilao can be of help.Appreciate any suggestions given.Thanks alot .Fredi.

Back
Top Bottom