I'm leavin' on a jet plane, won't be....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joewr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
With those words from the 60's (Peter, Paul and Mary, I think), I bid you all sayonara until we return. Heading for Hawaii and Micronesia and wonderful diving--it is hoped!

I will report on the trip on my return, but will miss the bright company this Board provides on non-diving days.

Keep the home lights burning...

Joewr

Hey Joe,
I love that song! Have a great time. Are you going with a group?
We'll look forward to your 'honest refreshing' posts on your return.
Stay Wet!
:sunny:

I've been practicing folding up into the overhead compartments.... not picky.

Oh well...

Dive Safe!!!

Barbara is finishing the last of her tax documents to send off to the CPA tomorrow, Bud, the orange tabby, is in the guest room snoring and purring, the bags are all packed and ready to be put in the car, and I was checking all the automatic light switches, etc., when I said to myself, "Self, I wonder what he folks on the Board are up to now?"

So, one last peek before bed and one or two last sayonara(s).

Natasha,we are on our own, but meeting friends in Hawaii.

Mario, w usually two things where we go: bubbles and money--in profusion! We also usually take two things: photos and memories--and they make life worth living.

DiverCCRN, God, if the darn carry-ons were not so full of cameras, film, regs, and books, I would have invited you to fold on in!

Walter, you are right! But since the Kingston Trio got so much credit for songs that Peter, Paul and Mary created, I guess it sort of evened out. But, I loved John Denver's early stuff and can never hear about the Rockies without thinking about "Rocky Mountain High", or hear about West Virginia, without thinking about "Country Roads". A lot of talent in one man.

Peace (and prosperity to all)

Joewr

Joewr, I need a tissue! ;-0 Quite honestly, this is the type of responce that makes the night after night, day after day of hard work and long hours worth the effort... Thank you, and have lots of fun!

Dear readers:

One point regarding air travel is generally not well publicized, and that is what has been referred to as "economy class syndrome." This is venous embolism (blood clots) that arisen in the lower extremities when individuals do not move their legs for several hours. Scuba divers are frequent travelers on long flights and this point needs to be emphasized.

When flying, do try to get up and around occasionally during the trip.

Teenan RP, McKay AJ (1992). Peripheral arterial thrombosis related to commercial airline flights: another manifestation of the economy class syndrome. Br J Clin Pract. 1992 Autumn;46 (3):165-6.

Kesteven PJL and Robinson BJ. (2001). Clinical risk factors for venous thrombosis associated with air travel. Environmental Space and Aviation Medicine, 72 (2), 125 - 128.

Dr Deco

Good point, Dr. Deco. I'm also trying to spread the word. Wrote a piece on it which appeared in the Jan 2001 issue of "Undercurrent."

Get up & move about the cabin often, don't cross your legs but do shake your feet from time to time while seated, drink plenty of water, wear support hose or loose socks--nothing with snug elastic at the top.

Have a great trip, joewr.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom