Seattle Times article about Alaska coral

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverwannabe:
I bet a lot of divers worked hard to make this happen.
I doubt there was any input from divers at all. Most of these areas are well beyond recreational dive limits. The scientific community's been lobbying vociferously for several years to reduce commercial trawling on hardbottom habitats. Only in the last couple of years have we started to see results.

Ironically, I'm a diehard advocate of scientific trawling, yet can't abide commercial trawling. What a hippocrite.

SeanQ:
I need to get a drysuit first. Diving in the balmy waters around Victoria have made me a warm water wussy. :D
Actually, in summertime the water temps here in SouthCentral are comparable or even warmer than PNW temps. This time of year is an entirely different story however :11::11:

Unfortunately the ban on deep sea trawling in this area is just a recommendation. I hope it goes through. There are similar movements to ban trawling in the North Sea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom