Apeks Quantum calling for desat after flying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daryl Morse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was on a 4 hour flight this morning. My Apeks Quantum computer was packed in my luggage. When I unpacked, I noticed that the computer showed 1 bar of nitrogen and was calling for over 2 hours of desat. I don't understand why it did that, except a malfunction. (The computer is new, only been under water twice.)

Anyone ever experience this?

When we visited Little Cayman, we were wearing our NiTek3's on the prop plane from Grand Cayman, and had a similar event. I think we also saw this when flying from Belize City to Ambergris Cay. If you're wearing your dive computer, you can see when it shows you have reached a new altitude range. The NiTek family shares a common algorithm with the Apeks Quantum, TUSA IQ-700, and others. When at altitude, you have reduced your ambient pressure (versus sea level where most salt water diving is done), and the computer is giving you a time calculated by the algorithm to equilibrate again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom