Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi dgreatlakesdivr

You must be new to the board. I might be interested in joining ya for some diving at Gilboa this Sat. I have an invite to dive Blue Springs quarry here in town so I will have to get back with ya later in the week. I have dove Gilboa but have not dove Blue Springs so that might might be a easy choice. I will let ya know.

Jeff Great lakes diver:confused:

It is just East of Indianapolis. Not sure exactly where. I had there website yesterday sent to me but I must have deleted it. I will find out and send it to ya. It looks like rain for Saturday. At least down here anyway. Will have to wait till friday to see how the weather will be for Saturday.

Jeff Great lakes diver;-0

Hi Ron, Let Jeff & I know what weekend you want to dive Gilboa. We can meet there around noon on Saturday. Gilboa is our favorite place to dive when we're not diving the Great Lakes.
Deb

White Star is another quarry in the NW Ohio that is excellent. Vis generally 50+. Max depth approximatly 75ft. Gilboa the best but White Star worth the trip if you have never been there.

I dove Blue Springs yesterday. If you go wear a real thick suit. I had on a 3mm with 7mm over that and I didn't get too cold. the temp at 50 ft was 43 degrees. Several divers that were there were too cold to continue with a second dive. I know that part of the problem was that with the surface temp and with no sun you couldn't warm up on the surface interval. But it was a nice site except for the mud (they need to gravel the area). Just be sure you have enough exposure protection on.

Dive Safe. Have fun.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom