Rottnest Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daryl Morse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dove Rottnest Island off Perth yesterday. Went with Perth Diving Academy. I had a great time. Saw lots of fish, especially in the caverns and swim-throughs. Bring your light. Highly recommended if you're in the Perth/Freo area.

Didja see any quokkas? (above water...I hope!).

Sounds good - didn't realise it was that sort of underwater seascape.

BacardiSpice:
Didja see any quokkas? (above water...I hope!).

I dunno, whatsa quokka?

BacardiSpice:
Forgot to say the site for the second dive was Roe Reef. The bottom is very convoluted and there are lots of holes to look around in. It's pretty shallow, max depth 53 fsw, average 37 fsw for the dive. The cool thing about the site is the depth. I spent almost an hour in the water, which was a real treat.

At the end of the dive the skipper (another Darrel) asked me how I liked it. I gave it two thumbs up. He apologetically rated it as 5 out of 10, said he picked it because of the weather conditions. He promised to try and get me to one of his favourite sites next time. Now I gotta figure out an excuse to get back to Freo...

blacklatexozdiver:
Quokka = small marsupial (kangaroo-like animal) indigenous to the island
Okay, then that would be no. We tied up at the wharf on Rotto for lunch, but I stayed on the boat. I guess the quokkas don't like going on the wharf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom