Before and After (Lake Pleasant)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solo_diver

Reaction score
Hi,
I was getting my obligatory First Dive of the Year over with, but I'd forgotten my boots. (man that was dumb, i guess that was my obligatory First Aborted Dive of the Year) anyway since I had my camera I thought I would take a picture of the water line out by "Two Cows".

this is the water level before the rain started a few days ago:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/14677/cat/500/page/1

So I came back 24 hours later, with ALL of my gear this time, and took another picture for comparison. I couldn't believe how much the water had risen in one day.

this is the water level as of exactly 24 hours later:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/14678/cat/500/page/1

my car would have been underwater. Notice the white lines a long side the road in after.png.

MY FIRST 'ROAD DIVE':
this is my usual dive spot and I did manage to get in one dive. I went down the road, following the yellow dividing lines all the way down. After 11 minutes of this I decided I would go back and the max depth was only 11 feet. The water temperature was 53 degrees F. I could only see about one foot in front of me. I'm not surprised in the slightest this is actually what I expected. Only the water seemed warmer than I thought it would be.

Anyway, I'm glad to have Dive 1 for 2005 over with and am ready for some real diving at La Jolla Shores.

That's cool, i read that thread, but wanted to show a picture of it, cuz, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words...

I plan on going back out to Two Cows (desert tortoise road turning into a water road) and possibly dive the Marina. I'm told, by a fairly reliable source that if you look off to the left there are two buoys and in between those two buoys you can find the old marina still fairly in tack. Desert tortoise road goes around that 'island' and turns in to a parking lot. that's the parking lot for the old marina.

turns out that they would have destroyed the old marina but like this year the water level rose to fast for them. So this summer I will take some pics and all that jazz. If anyone else finds the marina, take a gps waypoint at the surface and post it for all to see. that's what I plan on doing.

I was out there this past summer when the water level was down 60' and don't remember seeing a marina. There may be a parking lot there, but I'm not so sure about any buildings, at least nothing significant. I took some photos of the area last summer. Maybe I just didn't drive over that way far enough, but I did drive to the end of the pavement. I have a depth map of Pleasant. I'll check it out at home later and if they have it marked I'll snap a photo and post it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom