Inn of Last Resort - Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there Jan 1 though Feb 8 and will be back April 30 through May 7 then All of July and couple weeks in June or Aug. I kind on like the place......

I have been going to Roatan for the past 8 years and have stayed just about everywhere in that time - I have friends that work at CoCoVie and AKR. Been hanging out at the Inn for the past 3 years - before that I kind of jumped around and checked out all the other places. Stayed at Fantasy for about 3 years in a row before landing at the Inn.

The quality of the acomidations is pretty equal between AKR,CCV, and the Inn.
Fantasy is much nicer then the other three.

Vern and Melissa left the in last fall, they had managed it for several years and were pretty instrumental in defining the personality of the place.

Andy and Donna, the owners are usually there all the time now as well as the general manager Ed and the manager Laura. They do a really good job of going above and beyond to see that you have a great stay and helping you set up anything you want to do - going to West End (2miles), hooking you up with the other Island services such as horse back riding or shark dive - canapy tour etc.

Their dive operation is second to none - small groups - great dive staff - location close to many of the best dive sites.

The Inn has 30 rooms so it's not too big - everybody on the staff will know your name and treat you like family.

I guess for me the Family thing is the most important - they'll make you feel like a guest and not a customer. That's what really set them apart for me. If you ever had a fantasy of moving to and island and living there, the Inn is the closest thing I've found to the experiance.

Don't know how much you know about Roatan?

The only one of the main line all inclusive Resorts that has a beach if Fantasy
The only one that has TRUE unlimted "convient" shore diving is CCV
AKR has the fastets boats and go to the most varied locations.

While I would HIGHLY recomnend the Inn and hope you would give it a try, all the places mentioned have their own andvantages and disadvantages so it's import to decide what you're looking for before you decide. Also don't overlook Bay Island Beach Resort - You might check them out on the internet.

If I can be of any further help please pm me or do a search on this board of posts by Howiedean - I've probably covered just about all the Inn stuff in a post some time or the other.

Where ever you decide to go, hope you have a great trip.

HowieDean:
I was there Jan 1 though Feb 8 and will be back April 30 through May 7 then All of July and couple weeks in June or Aug. I kind on like the place......

I have been going to Roatan for the past 8 years and have stayed just about everywhere in that time - I have friends that work at CoCoVie and AKR. Been hanging out at the Inn for the past 3 years - before that I kind of jumped around and checked out all the other places. Stayed at Fantasy for about 3 years in a row before landing at the Inn.

Vern and Melissa left the in last fall, they had managed it for several years and were pretty instrumental in defining the personality of the place.

Andy and Donna, the owners are usually there all the time now as well as the general manager Ed and the manager Laura. They do a really good job of going above and beyond to see that you have a great stay and helping you set up anything you want to do - going to West End (2miles), hooking you up with the other Island services such as horse back riding or shark dive - canapy tour etc.

Their dive operation is second to none - small groups - great dive staff - location close to many of the best dive sites.

The Inn has 30 rooms so it's not too big - everybody on the staff will know your name and treat you like family.

I guess for me the Family thing is the most important - they'll make you feel like a guest and not a customer. That's what really set them apart for me. If you ever had a fantasy of moving to and island and living there, the Inn is the closest thing I've found to the experiance.

While I would HIGHLY recomnend the Inn and hope you would give it a try, all the places mentioned have their own andvantages and disadvantages so it's import to decide what you're looking for before you decide. Also don't overlook Bay Island Beach Resort - You might check them out on the internet.

If I can be of any further help please pm me or do a search on this board of posts by Howiedean - I've probably covered just about all the Inn stuff in a post some time or the other.

Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to my stay at the Inn of Last Resort.

HowieDean:

Thanks for the information about ILR. I look forward to my stay.

not to butt in, but HowieDean, do you know anything about the Caribbean Dreams
Hotel in West Bay?

thanks in advance

Wow....just followed a link to Diving Passport. Checked out the online version of the show...great spot on diving in Roatan. Also check out the links page....many links to video files for many Roatan Resorts. Looking forward to traveling to Roatan in April.

yes, there is a segment on Roatan on the new show, but unfortunately, Roatan is not listed as one of the diving destinations, and i couldn't find a single link to Roatan on the links page.

H2Andy:
yes, there is a segment on Roatan on the new show, but unfortunately, Roatan is not listed as one of the diving destinations, and i couldn't find a single link to Roatan on the links page.

Hmm....there are links to at least three well known Roatan Resorts under 'Videos & Links'
Anthony's Key Resort
Fantasy Island
Paradise Beach

...and they are actually taped segments from Diving Passport...not slick and glossy ads created by the resorts.

John

ok, i'm exceedingly dense then, but i don't see them

H2Andy:
ok, i'm exceedingly dense then, but i don't see them

ON the left side of the page under the diving passport logo there are options to click on (home, tv schedule, diving destinations etc.), there is one titled videos and links- click on that and it will take you to a page with links to some of the resorts. These are just links to a few resort web pages, and not independant reviews. For more resort links on Roatan look at www.roatanet.com - most of the resorts and dive operations have links on this site.
I'm sorry to say I was a little disappointed with the accuracy of the reporting- here's a quote:

Roatan is the largest of all the island of the bay. It is approximately 70 km (44 miles) long and 2 km (1,25 miles) wide. This island has very mountainous terrain (300 meters - 990 ft). It has beautiful waterfalls that descend down to the white sandy beaches. Palm trees cover the island along its coast

Now I don't know about anyone else, but I've spent plenty of time on Roatan, and explored much of the island, and I can't remember seeing or even hearing about any waterfalls on the island. Anyone? Roatanman? If I'm wrong about this, tell me where and I'll go check it out next week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom