advance open water card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nite_diver

Reaction score
it's going on seven months since I have recieved my AOW certificate thru PADI and was wondering if any one has any suggestions on what to do. The dive shop I went thru is saying they are holding the card up for insurance purposes and the dive shop has done every thing PADI has asked him to do.
Just don't want to be deny any boat trips come this season as I am still holding the temporary card.
Thanks for your help.

nite -diver

You should be able to get by with your signed logbook, but I'd be concerned why an "insurance" matter is stalling your cert. I'd ask PADI directly what is the status and why. Give the instructor number written in your logbook.

There has to be more to this story.

PADI does have a standard that states that a shop has to process your card in a timely manner. I want to say it's a week, but I'm not sure exactly. We generally apply online for the C-cards within a day or two of the class ending or we pre-order the cards while the class is going on.

There is a process that a resort or shop can use to see if card has been applied for. All you need to give them is you name as it appears on the card and you date of birth.

If you want to PM me, I can take a look and see if the cards been processed.

Paul

I agree, there has to be more to this story.

If anything, the certifying store/instructor hasn't "paid" his required insurance to PADI. Which means they might have not been offiicaly quallified in the agencies eyes to teach the class.

Go check padi's website at their "order a replacement card online" part and put in your name, birthday, etc and it will show if padi has your certification online. If they don't then there is a problem that your dive shop didn't pay something to PADI or didn't turn it in. you can also call PADI's 800 number and do the same check.

pgdive:
There has to be more to this story.

PADI does have a standard that states that a shop has to process your card in a timely manner. I want to say it's a week, but I'm not sure exactly.

Paul

The PADI standard is 7 days from completion of class to submission of the PIC to PADI. This situation is not kosher.

You should take the advice given here to sheck up on your status, and let the board know if this is a shop that has jerked students around by conducting a course when not authorized to do so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom