getting to Anilao/PG from Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozzy37

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I moved to Manila about 4 months ago and got certified PADI open water in PG last weekend. I'm excited to keep diving but it seems like it is tough to get from Manila to the nearby resorts with spending US$100+ for a ride. Any advice on how to get there cheaper would be much appreciated. Is there any place that organizes rides?
Thanks
Don

hi ozzy,

Jags right on about Kikos for weekend trips. Also, if you are spending $100+ for a private ride thats way too much! i used to have a taxi who would bring me down and come back for a pickup for 3000P RT, haven't used him much since we bought a car to leave in the province though. Feel free to PM me if you are interested to have his contact details or just ask around on your own and I'm sure you can come up with a better deal for times you might need to set your own schedule.

good luck!

ozzy37:
Hi Everyone
I moved to Manila about 4 months ago and got certified PADI open water in PG last weekend. I'm excited to keep diving but it seems like it is tough to get from Manila to the nearby resorts with spending US$100+ for a ride. Any advice on how to get there cheaper would be much appreciated. Is there any place that organizes rides?
Thanks
Don
I got a van for 3000 Pesos roundtrip Manila-Anilao.You should ask around or contact Kikos as recommended by Shugar.Good luck.fredi.

Scuby Dooby is right about the taxi, although with gas increases you may only get it for P1800 one way. If I'm going to PG and can do it in time to catch the last ferry for Sabang (leaves Batangas City at 4:30 I think) that's the route I take.

If you do go to PG by the taxi route make sure you arrange for him to pick you up. You can find a taxi at Bat City pier for the trip back but the local mafia will be involved and you will probably have the pay the driver more because he has to give a cut to the mob.

Ozzy, just out of curiousity, who was your certifying instructor last weekend?

Cheers,
Drew

Forgot about the ferry cost, its about P100.

Drew

happybuddha:
Scuby Dooby is right about the taxi, although with gas increases you may only get it for P1800 one way. If I'm going to PG and can do it in time to catch the last ferry for Sabang (leaves Batangas City at 4:30 I think) that's the route I take.

If you do go to PG by the taxi route make sure you arrange for him to pick you up. You can find a taxi at Bat City pier for the trip back but the local mafia will be involved and you will probably have the pay the driver more because he has to give a cut to the mob.

Ozzy, just out of curiousity, who was your certifying instructor last weekend?

Cheers,
Drew

I got certified by Rudi at Asia Divers, who I thought was great.

Hi Ozzy,

I know Rudi pretty well. We probably crossed paths then, I was down the beach at Tech Asia (Asia Diver's tech shop) and spent several nights (as you do) in The Point.

AD is an excellent shop and the diving in PG is quite addictive, enjoy!

Drew

Jepoy:
Hi Ozzy,
If you have a weekend Hernel and Joy Castillo (http://www.divenetphil.com/main.html ) go there every Friday night and back on Sundays and take clients there. CHEAP and EXCELLENT ....................recommendation without any hesitation.

Yes that is true, for less than a hundred dollars, it would buy you a room (overnight), meals and 4 dives.

Hi Jeff, how are you?

caloy and myra

Back
Top Bottom